Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 88 won't start

newtekz
09-21-2003, 05:52 PM
I try to start my integra but it won't start. When I try to start it, all I hear is a click, nothing else. What could the problem be? the Ignition module? the starter? no gas?

TightInteg
09-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Before replacing any parts you might wanna try this first.If its manual transmission i went through the same thing. There is a little piece of crap plastic piece that is attached to the clutch pedal.If it wont start this plastic piece might of popped out. The piece of shit activates the starter when the you press down on the pedal and try to start the car. That piece basically pushes a rubber button, to find this button follow the path the clutch pedal uses by pushing down on it a feeling around.This piece attaches to a hole on the pedal. Once you've had yourself situated try placing something to replace the plastic piece (ie a screw or whatever you can come up with). Me i used these plastic screws mechanics call "christmas trees" to replace the piece. Well good luck.

newtekz
09-21-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm looking at the clutch, but i'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for. you're saying there's a plastic peice attached the the clutch petal, but i'm not exactly sure what to look for. I'm under the dash and staring at the petals.

90CRXZCSi
09-21-2003, 10:42 PM
do you have power to the car? just wondering because you didnt mention that in your post. I dont want to make it seem like im calling you a dumbass, but did you check the battery?
As for the clutch pedal, push it down just a little bit and you should be able to see a black plastic bar sticking out. That has to do with the car starting. Good luck to ya.

newtekz
09-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks for asking, I forgot to mention that.
yes, I have power, moonroof works, lights work, horn works, etc...

billab2ong
09-21-2003, 11:20 PM
its a 15 year old car. its gotta die sometime. throw it out and buy yourself a new car.

Add your comment to this topic!