Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Another Fujimi kit check: Mazda FC3S Savannah RX-7 Early

DuncanEK3
09-21-2003, 04:18 AM
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?FUJ04009

Is this kit any good? I need to order some bits and bobs from HLJ, so might as well get a cheap model or 2 to justify the shipping costs :)

Sebstar
09-21-2003, 07:51 AM
i just bought an rx7 R1 (by Tamiya) from my local hobby shop. Details look very good, plus you get a nice 13B-REW with it!!! can't wait to get the rest of my order from HLJ and start building it...

larrygre
09-21-2003, 08:17 AM
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?FUJ04009

Is this kit any good? I need to order some bits and bobs from HLJ, so might as well get a cheap model or 2 to justify the shipping costs :)

The kit is a mixed bag. It's got a good body and accessories, but the chassis is total and complete junk. The chassis is a "generic" plate chassis used by Fujimi on several of its kits back when this tool was made (1986 or so) and has a molded-in battery box - at that time, motorized model car kits were popular in Japan. The chassi doesn't fit very well either.

I wish Tamiya would bring back their FC3S.

Vric
09-21-2003, 08:26 AM
i just bought an rx7 R1 (by Tamiya) from my local hobby shop. Details look very good, plus you get a nice 13B-REW with it!!! can't wait to get the rest of my order from HLJ and start building it...

hehe don't compare Tamiya to Fujimi :grinno: they don't play in the same league :loser:

DuncanEK3
09-21-2003, 12:11 PM
The kit is a mixed bag. It's got a good body and accessories, but the chassis is total and complete junk. The chassis is a "generic" plate chassis used by Fujimi on several of its kits back when this tool was made (1986 or so) and has a molded-in battery box - at that time, motorized model car kits were popular in Japan. The chassi doesn't fit very well either.

I wish Tamiya would bring back their FC3S.

Thanks Larry :) I think I may risk it is in stock... or I may just order a couple of rim sets hmm.

larrygre
09-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks Larry :) I think I may risk it is in stock... or I may just order a couple of rim sets hmm.

I may try to shoehorn an old Monogram Porsche 924 chassis under the FC3S body. It could work. I'll post my results here if it turns out it might work.

Add your comment to this topic!