Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new car

brandtson
09-19-2003, 10:54 PM
So my old car ('00 civic lx) got super fucked up because my friend hit the back of it with his firebird at 50 mph. After I sell it, I'll have about 21k to burn. I don't have any experience with acuras, but I've worked on my brother's accord and done a few mods to my civic so I have a general knowledge of hondas. I liked my car alot, except it was soooo slow and right now I'm driving an '87 rx-7, it's in great condition but it sucks that it's a 2-seater and it's slow as balls too. Anyway I wanna get either an rsx type-s or an cl 3.2 type-s (both 6-speed). Is there anything major advantages/problems with either of these? Another thing is, I want to work on the car so which one is better/easier/cheaper to work on? Overall, which one would you suggest?

Thanks

90CRXZCSi
09-22-2003, 03:24 AM
so your getting $21K out of your old civic? I highly doubt it but anyways, i personally like both of the cars. Id have a tough choice choosing, but i would still go with the RSX-S.

brandtson
09-22-2003, 09:30 AM
so your getting $21K out of your old civic? I highly doubt it but anyways, i personally like both of the cars. Id have a tough choice choosing, but i would still go with the RSX-S.

nah i'm getting about 6-9k for the civic and i have 14k saved up. i'm probably going to buy the rsx used, should I get an 02' now or wait until the '03's go on clearance when the 2004's come out? I heard alot about the 02's engine/tranny shitting the bed. but then again I heard the same about civics.

sageprime1
10-17-2003, 09:38 PM
Although the CL is a faster car stock over the RSX, I believe the RSX is more upgradable. Everyone has made it their project car at one point or another so obviously, they made it faster than the CL. Depending on how extreme you want to upgrade ur RSX should help u decide on getting a brand new one or a used one. If your gonna turbo charge it and perform internal work, I would get a certified used RSX.

Add your comment to this topic!