Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

$4000 Wwyd?

kpsycho
09-19-2003, 10:42 PM
if You had a 92 integra GS Stock and $4000 Dollars to spend what would you do to it? that much and only that much for everything wheels suspension engine and all just $4000

i would spend it all on accsecories baby yeah stickers and decals like everyone else of course i gotta jump on the band wagon :dogpile: i dont want to be different and actually do something that takes some intelligence :screwy:

90CRXZCSi
09-19-2003, 10:55 PM
i would buy a turbo kit. With some of the money left over you could get rims and maybe a nice drop.

kpsycho
09-19-2003, 11:20 PM
oh yeah forgot to add one thing automatic :banghead:

billab2ong
09-19-2003, 11:58 PM
auto to manual conversion!!!!!!! turbo!!!!!!! exhaust!!!!!!!! clutch!!!!!!!!!! Gauges!!!!!!!!!!!! if you have money left over...be happy and save it...maybe buy a nicer sticker....

kpsycho
09-20-2003, 12:03 AM
auto to manual conversion!!!!!!! turbo!!!!!!! exhaust!!!!!!!! clutch!!!!!!!!!! Gauges!!!!!!!!!!!! if you have money left over...be happy and save it...maybe buy a nicer sticker....

if you can do all that for $4000 then i would be more than happy to do it but ya know i dont think its quite possible be almost better to get a new car but im keeping it so there..but seriously if ya could or know how let me know cause that would be nice

90CRXZCSi
09-20-2003, 02:17 AM
autos get more precise shifts so it wouldnt be too bad to turbo it. If you do all the work yourself, you could spend under $500 and do the auto-manual if you really wanted to.

tran_nsx
09-20-2003, 03:59 AM
if i was u i would sell that auto gs and get this, although the huge spoiler makes it a tad bit ricey
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5335&item=2433309037

a few days ago, someone was selling a 95 integ ls with the works including turbo, rims, cf hood, body kit, in one word-everything, for 10 g's. that ride was extremely sweet, too bad it was sold :shakehead

kpsycho
09-20-2003, 03:17 PM
thats a nice car but for now i just wondering about my teg i got it in march i dont want to get a new car already but it would be nice and as far as turbos go im not very mechanicaly inclined as far as cars go and i was wondering what type of work i would have to do cause if i could do it for 500 i would do it soon very soon and what sort of engine mods should i do but also would that be neccessary for a low psi cause it will be more a daily driver than a racer (i disagree with street racing but not showing off a little on the street) also what kind of kits are available and so on so forth
im just looking and does ne 1 have ne suggestions for 17" rims that are good but cheap and some good tires to use that have long life looking for some 5 spokes also on suspension setup i dont want crazy low but i hate wheel gap

and again this is my car but if it was yours what would you do for $4000 show, race, just make nicer so on so forth

94tegRS
09-20-2003, 08:32 PM
clean up your integra as GOOD as you can and go to a dealership and I bet they will trade for the same cra but manual. everytime me or a friend goes to any dealership to trade in, they dont want it cuz it is a manual, I always hear that autos are 100% easier to sell cuz 99% of people coming in to buy a car are not kids. and TRUST ME< i had a stick for 2 years, got an auto and after a couple weeks completely wanted to kick my own ass for buying an auto, it is just NO fun driving it, plus so much slower than the same car with a stick, especially mated to a 4cyl with no torque. and then with the 4k, you could get the following

velox vx-8 w tires for 700 bucks, 17's (not if you live in WA tho :grinno: I got dibs on those).
peice together a turbo kit yourself and probably spend about 2k, if the car doesnt have too many miles on it, just boost it stock and keep it around 8 psi, ive heard that the non vtec B18's can take 12 pounds, but I wouldnt push it with a 11+ year old engine.
go to a mufflershop and for probably 200 you could get exhaust.
eibach sporlines/KYB AGX you could probably do for 450 if you look around.
and then you got in the neighborhood of 600 bucks and you could get a nice system, upgrade your planned turbo setup, or whatever. but i know you dont wanna get rid of your new car already, but it sounds like you are a young guy and TRUST me you will be glad you went to manual as soon as you did in a few weeks.

kpsycho
09-20-2003, 10:16 PM
autos get more precise shifts so it wouldnt be too bad to turbo it. If you do all the work yourself, you could spend under $500 and do the auto-manual if you really wanted to.

im a fucking moron and just realized you were refering to making it manual for under $500 :dupe:

94tegRS
09-21-2003, 12:38 AM
yeah, if you stick with what you got, the FIRST thing id do is the auto to manual swap, but it WOULD be cheaper to get rid of it and start manual, plus having a civic that I put in a manual tranny, I waould have much rather had a car that came stick, I got it so cheap though that I couldnt pass it up, even tho it was auto. if you are gonna do the swap though, make sure the integras with a manual have the same style mount on the frame as the auto integra does, cuz when i put in the 5 speed from a 5th gen into my 5th gen hatch, it ended up that the engine sat backwards and up, cuz the mount on the frame pointed up and back, unlike my donor cars forward, down facing mount, so the hood BARELY clears the engine. and I mean barely, the hood had to wear itself in a new dent underneath for it to work.

but youll need a flywheel, clutch, shift linkage, manual gauge cluster, firewall harness.
when i did mine I had the car though, I would reccomend you find a wrecked 5 speed teg for parts cuz it is really nice just having to dissasemble and reassemble with the new gharness, etc. plus you can se just how it comes out of the other car and not worry about missing any parts or doing anything wrong. and probably buying a haynes for your car would help you swap it cuaz they are based on a teardown/rebuild so it will tell you how to do everything.

kpsycho
09-21-2003, 12:53 AM
im not sure im gonna do the conversion but am considering a turbo but first im looking for exhaust intake header and wheels

1. i wasing looking at the tanabe hyper racing medaillion but most sites say rs/ls only and i have a gs any one have any suggestions?

2. good header?

3. good intake? k&n FIPK?

4. good 5 spoke tire and rim package 17"'s?

5. Good drop? as i am not an avid racer i dont want to spend to much

as for exhaust looking for something that looks and sounds like the racing medalion deep and bassy not throaty and big ass tip :biggrin: sounds kinda ricey but have you noticed ive said nothing about body kits and all .....but i do know what ones i want just all that comes last!

94tegRS
09-21-2003, 12:59 AM
if you plan on turbo, do not get I/H/E, when you go turbo you will have to ditch the headers and intake, and the exhaust you get for NA gains will most likely be too restrictive for use on a FI car.

as for suspension, prokits are like 1.3" drop, sportlines like 1.7-2.0" drop, not much but will look much better, shocks its up to you but im gonna go with KYB AGX, friend has em and I like em. for rims, I like the VX8's but they are 8 spoke. I thinkn einki RS-5 or 6's are cheap, but they are too common. just go to ebay and under rims search 17 and there are MANY MANY wheel/tire combos for under 800.

kpsycho
09-21-2003, 01:10 AM
this is very true sir very true i need exhaust though no muffler as the rear section and muffler rusted real bad and eventually fell off so just straight pipe after cat right now although it dont sound to bad i need a new exhaust and im not sure im going turbo cause from what i can see it will cost to much what are your suggestions for n/a oh wise one. :biggrin:

im learning tons wich is great but still doesnt compare to if i had the ability to get hands on experience wich most of this project is for plus a good ways to pick up ladies for sadly i am no ladies man :crying: lol the real truth is i have always been a car fan but lately im actually been able to start thinking about things for my car probably cause the one who got me started on cars and racing when i was a little guy was my g-pa who now has cancer and will only be with us for a short more time and its a deep psychological thing but im not gonna bore you with that

94tegRS
09-21-2003, 01:16 AM
ok, intake, get a CAI off of ebay, and then get a K&N universal cone filter for it, headers, dont go cheap here, DC sports 4-1 id reccomend, a little better for top end but not as good as low end like the 4-2-1 but if you ever race, only half way thorugh first gear do you need low end, the 2nd half of first and the rest of the gears youll benefit from the 4-1. and exhaust, id just go to a muffler shop and have 2.25" pipe, mandrel bent to fit your car and choose a muffler, not sure youd find out how it would sound though before you bought it, maybe if you knew them or it was a shop ran buy a nice guy you might be able to get him to tack on a couple to see, but i doubt it, and maybe 2.5" but I am not sure, see what others reccomend.

kpsycho
09-21-2003, 01:22 AM
thanx this helps me a lot now that i think about it not but a mile from my house is an exhaust shop ill have to check into it and see about mufflers and all i do appreciate all this help greatly thanxz :worshippy

TheNotoriousMogg
09-21-2003, 01:36 AM
If you want the I/H/E package

1. Ebay intake with K&N filter
2. DC/GReddy/Kamikaze Header
3. 5Z/GReddy/Tanage Exhaust

some Koni yellow shocks and skunk2 coilovers and a nice 17in wheel package from http://www.wheelmax.com

Add your comment to this topic!