Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Calling all enthusiasts...

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-19-2003, 10:24 PM
This place is dead. I want to get every Pontiac muscle enhusiast in this forum. I want there to be several discussions going on about every classic Pontiac model. I want all the GTO owners/enthusiasts in here to discuss these great cars. I want this to be the place where everyone comes to learn or discuss anything about Pontiac muscle or just to tell stories. I need a place to talk GTOs with other people who know and love them. Can anyone help me out here...

Musclecarclub
09-21-2003, 03:58 AM
I agree. Where are all the Pontiac fans out there? Spread the word and lets talk about some Ponchos!

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-21-2003, 08:22 PM
I got something interesting. An all original, numbers matching 1969 GTO Judge convertible for sale on collector car trader -> here (http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/4/6/54344046.htm) Only 108 were built and I'm sure not many are left. It is a truly beautiful car.

Blue02R6
09-21-2003, 10:09 PM
An all original, numbers matching 1969 GTO Judge convertible.

Wow. :eek:

So, supercar man have you had a chance to drive a 68-72 GTO? I'd be interested to know how they compare to the 66.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-22-2003, 08:20 PM
I have never gotten a chance to drive a '68 - '72 GTO, and I don't see that happening any time soon. I imagine it would drive slightly better, but I don't think it would be a major difference. All you might notice would be a more comfortable, practicle interior and a more advanced suspension etc. I would love to get a chance to drive every year GTO, but how many people get that chance?

Musclecarclub
09-25-2003, 05:42 PM
I once saw an ad in Hemmings that said that some rich collector had died and his widow was selling his car collection - a GTO hardtop coupe and convertible from EVERY YEAR (1964-1974). Now that is a collection! I forget the asking price, but it was at least $300,000.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Add a 2004 GTO and that is the greatest car collection you could ask for. :biggrin:

geno96Z71
11-12-2003, 12:27 AM
I don't own a goat, but my '72 Firebird has the heart of one- a RA III sporting no.48 heads.

Geno

BlkCamaroSS
11-12-2003, 10:44 AM
They should just give me that whole collection of GTO's....

That price seems very low to me for 22 cars...

Musclecarclub
11-16-2003, 03:15 AM
They should just give me that whole collection of GTO's....

That price seems very low to me for 22 cars...

It was quite a few years ago and my memory isn't so good. Maybe it was $500,000? The cars were supposedly all numbers matching, restored (although they were older restorations), and in excellent shape.

RavagePenguin
05-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Man I'm trying not to complain but how come that it seems that there is barely and T/A fan in this particular section

MrPbody
06-11-2004, 07:53 AM
In answer to the main question: Where do all the Pontiac fans hang out? Well, on Pontiac-specific forums. I like this one, but the general format tends to attract the "just put a Chevy in it" crowd. They're always lurking out there, just waiting for an opening, to rationalize their own narrow view of how a car should be built.
As for how a '70 GTO drives versus a '66, well, there's almost no comparison. A '70 has far superior suspension geometry (most of the components are virtually identical, but frames are different). A '68-'72 is 3" shorter in wheelbase and 2" wider in frame width. And the engines... Well, a 400 is MUCH better than a 389, if for no other reason than the improved cylinder heads. They were radically changed in '67, and then mildly changed again in '68. It wasn't until '71 the roof fell in on compression.
A '66 Tri Power GTO is a close match to a '69 or '70 Ram Air III car, but no match for a '70 Ram Air IV. And though bigger, 455 HO won't TOUCH a Ram Air IV without significant enhancements.
If building a GTO for today's usage, there are limitless parts available to make them handle, stop, and RUN like a modern car. Many pieces from Chevelle fit. Some of them are well suited to the Pontiac, but some are not. Be careful in selecting a combination.
Under no conditions, should you consider changing the engine to a Chevy of any description. You will alienate all the true Pontiac people right off the bat, AND ruin the balance of the car (due to the significant weight difference in engines). And, if done wisely, a Pontiac 400 powered GTO will stomp a 396 powered one. I know. My '70 Judge whipped all but one Chevelle SS it encountered back in the days of yore. And THAT Chevelle was a ringer, with a 427 in it!
Lastly, if you wish to share you thoughts and experiences concerning GTO and other Pontiacs, go to classicalpontiac.com or boyleworks.com. There are a couple other Pontiac-specific sites, but these two are not sponsored by Pontiac-related businesses. The others are, and often end up as advertisement for their wares.

73455transam
06-25-2004, 02:16 PM
I am definately a Trans Am fan. I recently did a term paper on 2nd Gens.

72GTO
07-19-2004, 08:24 AM
Im kind of new to this site but im restoring my 72 goat i jus baught 2 weeks ago.. running a strong 400 CID

MagicRat
07-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Im kind of new to this site but im restoring my 72 goat i jus baught 2 weeks ago.. running a strong 400 CID
That sounds good! Can you post some pics?
I have been so busy at work and with other projects, I have not had my '69 GTO out all year. :mad:

Add your comment to this topic!