Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Modding cars has taken over my life, look whats happened!

chrismcgee
09-19-2003, 12:29 PM
well i started innocently modding my model cars, then i started looking at my comp, thinking hey, im sure it could look a bit better with some paint! next thing i know it looked like this.

how many other people have got the modding bug, or have caught the case modding bug?

spec 2.2ghz p4
1.024 gb of ddr ram
2 x 80mm tri led extract fans, lower ones.
1 x 80mm tri led intake fan, top one.
1 x blue neon in the case.
1 x UV blacklight tube in the case.

on order, external usb powered blue neon 8".
and lots of blue neon string lol.

maybe a set of pimping chrome rims might get molded in, whadda ya think lol.

joecwlaw
09-19-2003, 12:40 PM
woho chris, you can host a party/ disco with some gals at the setting in the 2nd pic

:cwm27: :licka:

chrismcgee
09-19-2003, 02:05 PM
not far off the mark dude, the blue light has an option for sound activation so it flashes with the beat of music, but it gets on my nerves.

Ferrari TR
09-19-2003, 02:14 PM
I prefer "go" over "show", but that does look cool!

I've always wanted to build a front cover for mine that made it look like 'HAL' from 2001.

:licka:

mentel
09-19-2003, 03:41 PM
we almost have identical cases! i have an amd athlon xp+ 2400. i wanna get more neon for it
http://www.photo-chop.com/shit/case
http://www.photo-chop.com/shit/case2

mentel
09-19-2003, 03:41 PM
not far off the mark dude, the blue light has an option for sound activation so it flashes with the beat of music, but it gets on my nerves.
how can i do that with mine?

Sigmaman
09-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Some people have too much spare time.Does look cool though.

chrismcgee
09-19-2003, 05:52 PM
how can i do that with mine?

well the neon i bought actualy came with a little pci card that supplied the power and the circuitry, i can also adjust how bright it gets and how reactive to the music it is.
Most of the stuff i have bought has come from www.coolcasemods.com altho dare i say it, pcworld now has a great range of case modding stuff for quite cheap, never thought i would see the day!

My real reason for getting such a large case and modding it was out of pure necessity. I have my comp running for long ammounts of time and require the comp to do a lot of work when running cad. the origional case was causing it to get very warm. so i junked it for a larger one and concentrated on getting all that hot air out of the case with the two lower fans. using a temperature probe i have found that the case is cooler by around 10-15 deg celcius compared to the old case after 8hrs running. not too bad. all for about £150 and the computer is a lot more stable now

ImportFool
09-19-2003, 06:03 PM
aaawww man thats sweet??? what u runnin in that thing?? all motor or is it cable or dsl charged? :wink:

EMAXX
09-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Thats cool. Looks really awesome. I would love to have my computer look like that.

chrismcgee
09-19-2003, 06:17 PM
aaawww man thats sweet??? what u runnin in that thing?? all motor or is it cable or dsl charged? :wink:

i have cable broadband as it should be, not that fake phoneline broadband stuff lol. the 512mb connection.
well the comp is networked up to my homes "server hub". which i use for extra back up plus acts as second internet pc.

have a 120gb 7200rpm hard drive, gonna buy another to speed things up by transfering all my cad files to it, so the comp doesnt have to bother reading thru it all when i dont need to.

er standard bits like a 48x burn cdrw drive, just cant seem to wait for to long, takes about 3mins to do a whole 700mb cd. a dvd drive which is gonna be swapped for a dvd rw drive when i decide which is the best one to get.

philips soundcard with dolby 5.1.
nvidea graphics card with 128mb ddr ram.

wanna tidy up all the ide cables with some stuff from cool case mods . com.

chrismcgee
09-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Thats cool. Looks really awesome. I would love to have my computer look like that.

its realy not all that expensive, when i first had a go, i just took my standard case, got the jigsaw cutter out and hacked a hole out of the side pannel, neatened it up. rubbed the case down then re sprayed it. added a perspex pannel and a neon. total cost £15.

its not expensive till you start adding extra bits, and its difficult to stop

Add your comment to this topic!