Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check Engine Malfunction Light

99_integ_99
09-19-2003, 01:15 AM
Hi, I just purchase an Integra 99 GSR with 60,000 Miles on it. I driven it and put about 1,500 Miles on it. Now today I pulled out of my drive way and and drove for about 30 secs the Check Engine Light comes. Does anybody know any idea what problem is? Is there anyway I can read the ECU codes? I have did some research and found a way to reset the ECU by removing the Hazard Fuse under the hood. I do not have any knowledge in ECU or Check for whats wrong when the Engine Light Comes on except to check for Motor Oils and Wires etc. Everyone seems fine except the light came on. I am going to reset the ECU by removing the Hazard fuse but do not know what kind of out I would get. B/C the ECU stores codes. Anyway let me know sometime. I'll check back tomorrow before I remove the Hazard fuse and place it back on. Help would be great! Thankz.

BigBoyB
09-19-2003, 12:00 PM
my maintence required light flashes and there is a beeping noise for about the first 10 seconds when i start up the car. i dont know if its all in my head or if i have just never noticed it before. does this mean i need to have th car checked out or is it normal and i just never noticed it?

who ever replys can prob help with both of our questions

99_integ_99
09-19-2003, 01:07 PM
I did a ECU Code reading and check the Engine Malfunction light. It flash 1 time. It is the Oxygen Sensor but why does this happen all of a sudden? I have never touch the Sensor nor replace any after market parts in. The only thing that is in there is a AEM Intake which I did not put in (the previous owner did). I do not know how to get rid of it. I do not want to take it to the dealer b/c it cost a lot $$$ for them... still needs help. No Success in Resetting the ECU or maybe b/c I do not know how to.

billab2ong
09-19-2003, 02:54 PM
this is a pretty simple question. if you have NOT played with your ECU and your check engine light comes on, this means something is wrong with your engine. MAINT REQ. is when something is just needed because its between a range in miles. so all in all....cars break. 60k miles and you need to fix something...shit happens ya know?

jamie_604
09-20-2003, 03:05 AM
The "maint req" light comes on to remind you that it's time for routine maintenance. Check your manual for the maintenance schedule and you can see exactly what "they" want you to check, or you can take it into a mechanic and pay him a shitload just for nothing. If you think everything is copasetic under the hood and you've been doing proper maintenance yourself, then the reset button for the light is to the right of the steering column where the dash ends.

Add your comment to this topic!