Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Center pipe/resonator for 95 GSR 4-door quick

1FstDoc
09-18-2003, 11:30 AM
The current pipe on my integra rusted and dropped just forward of the resonator the other day. So far no one has been able to find a replacement part because it is both a GSR and a Sedan. I only want the intermediate pipe with a resonator and I need it to remain as quiet as stock. I.e. I don't want an entire cat-back system.

Anybody know of an aftermarket source for this that would preferably be below $250.00? Thanks in advance.

Steve

VTEC_hawk
09-18-2003, 01:59 PM
What does Mieneke or Master Muffler (or any muffler shop) want for that part/installed? Couldn't be more than $250, is it? - that would suck if it is.... I might have to replace mine soon too... keep me updated if you find out what thier cost is.

1FstDoc
09-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Apparently it is a rare pipe. I am going through a trusted indepedent shop and they had 2 sent from different sources but neither fit. The pipe for the GSR is different from that for the GS and the 2 door GSR intermediate pipe is 6" too short. We finally called Acura and they were able to locate 3 in the country so one is being expressed in from Cali. I'm also told that I have a California emissions car, whatever that means. It was originally sold in Fl, I bought it in Wa and now I live in NY where it rusted all to hell. I've been without that car for over a week due to a stupid exhaust pipe--this is ridicuous.

Steve

Oh yeah, cost will be around $250 installed. Monroe and Midas both quoted over $300 but they only had pipes for the hatch.

Add your comment to this topic!