Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 honda Accord Axel

NYREPS
09-17-2003, 01:22 PM
hey does anybody knows about Axels? i have an 94 honda accord and i was driving the last few days and i heard some clicking sound on the front right axel and when i parked my car i when under to check if the rubber boot was ripped and sure there it was ripped all around so i was thinking hey the sound aint that bad yet i think i just crushed a few berions i was gonna go for the cheap way and get a new rubber boot put back on cause i had that happen on my other car and i let it go clicking for a long time and as time when on the clicking sound got louder ,so the ques is ,is it ok to just get a new boot or do i have to get the whole axel done ??? will the berion keep crushing after i put the new boot in?

92lx
09-18-2003, 02:40 AM
What has happened is the CV boot (or the rubber boot as you skillfully called it *winks*) has torn and all the grease inside has leaked out...so that's why you get a nasty clicking sound, particularly when you turn. It's hard to say whether or not you'll need to replace the CV joints or not...without personally seeing it...but if it just started, and it hasn't been happening for say......months and months....you should be fine just to replace the boots. Common problem, ESPECIALLY with 4th and 5th gens in my experience. I swear, I'm replacing those stupid things along with drive axle boots every other day it seems

- Nathan

90CRXZCSi
09-18-2003, 10:13 AM
your best bet is just to replace the whole axel rather than buy a new boot and trying to grease it, just to find out that that didnt help.

NYREPS
09-18-2003, 01:03 PM
Ahhhhh just wanna to tell you grease dont leak jerkoff it,s the dirt that gets in the joint so b4 u diss somebody ,u better know what your talking about before u open your stupid trap

epic69
09-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Dude settle I dont think he was dissing you at all. He was trying to help ya out by saying its better to replace the whole axle instead of going with a quick fix and then end up having to replace the whole axle anyways at a later time.

knorsk
09-18-2003, 08:18 PM
just replace it...there's no telling if it is fudged up unless you are a guru. It shouldn't cost you over 150 beans for a CV half shaft if you do it yourself. And if you get it from an Auto zone or Pep boys you can take your broken one back for some money. Just be sure not to hammer the new one in or you will mash/partially strip the machined tip that mounts between the disc brake and you won't be able to get the new bolt on...long story.

If you still only want to replace the boot. Take your tire off and inspect for abnormal wear or stripped spots on the half shaft. Turn the wheel all the way to the left...look at it...then turn it all the way to the right and look at it. That way you don't miss anything.

Shouldn't take more than an hour to replace it if you know someone that knows how to do it.

92lx
09-19-2003, 12:51 AM
werd epic....I deffinately wasn't trying to diss him in anyway, his pm to me deffinately was kind of angry, I don't know I guess I'd be kinda stressed if I had a similar problem, but I guess he didn't see my "relating" with him on the *winks* note....oh well....it's funny, you try to help someone out and they get upset, why, oh yes.. AHHHH the wonders of the internet and the inability for simple words to express intent :).

Anyone want a cookie? Cheer up ya'll life ain't so bad :)

- Nathan

scarecrowdjinn
09-19-2003, 07:41 AM
As far as half axels go. I've had Very bad luck the the refurbished axels from auto zone. Very bad vibrations while stepping on the gas between 30-40mph. I would sugguest getting a brand new one, or even OEM.. Does anyone else agree.dissagree. or have some other gem of advice about purchasing a half axel?

Add your comment to this topic!