Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

As it went on Tuesday night

igor@af
09-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Well, we have some good news :grinyes: and some bad news :shakehead

After spending close to 7 hours straight on the evening of Tuesday 9/16/03 trying to get the 2nd server live and functioning as the database server, we are initially unsuccessful. The beginning stages went without many troubles - we shut down the site, created a copy of the main database, transfered it over to the new server, and imported into mysql. However, that is when the main troubles began and we ended up spending many hours trying to figure out why the 2 servers could not communicate whatsoever. Small progress was made while tweaking access permissions to the new server from the 'outside,' but the connection speed between the two servers remained extremely pitiful. For the time being, we have reverted back to the old setup of AF using just the old server. Although we are initially unsuccessful in providing you with much quicker, more feature-rich service, have no doubt that these issues will be resolved as soon as possible and we will all be working very hard to make it as painless as possible on our visitors. However, please do bare with us as we may need to shut down the website at some times for further testing and troubleshooting. For the time being, if anyone has significant amount of experience in running 2 servers, one for apache and another for mysql, and may have an idea what can be causes for slow dialogue between the server, please do contact me via the email form.

I would like to thank Pedro Perez, Terry Hurston, and Paul Leckie from Dinix.com for working so hard with me on trying to resolve these issues. Thank you so much guys!

So the bad news is that we are still on just one server, but the good news is that we are definately much closer to being on two servers than we were 8 hours ago.:naughty:

Honoturtle
09-17-2003, 01:14 AM
Man, when I saw that Management note, I was very excited and thought that every think was going to flow easily. Sorry to say that I haven't worked with two servers before... :(

nornicle
09-17-2003, 02:05 AM
Don't worry dude, you provide such a good service, that anything more is really icing on the cake!

Keep the good stuff up!!!

:bigthumb:

BLU CIVIC
09-17-2003, 08:50 AM
well atleast we have the server :thumbsup: that reminds me....i still need to donate :grinyes:

YogsVR4
09-17-2003, 08:55 AM
Its always something isn’t it. Sorry to hear all that time and effort didn’t work out as you (and the rest of us) had hopped. But, I am confident that you’ll be able to get everything squared away. :smile:

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

jon@af
09-17-2003, 09:53 AM
We've waited this long, Im sure we can hold out a little while longer. Not a problem :bigthumb:

Jay!
09-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Take your time and make it bulletproof. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the hard work, Igor!! :D We all love you for it!!

Add your comment to this topic!