Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

N00bie with big ambitions!

Sebstar
09-15-2003, 04:00 AM
Read through the F.A.Q., got the money (well soon anyway), read through every single R34 thread I could find but never saw anyone trying to make a Nur Spec!!!
So I was wondering about two things.

1. is it advisable to attempt a R34 Nur Spec as a first car and
2. anyone know how I would get the colour of the Nur?
here is a pic
http://www.nissan.co.jp/GT-R/R34/0201NUR/SCREEN/IMG/nur1_b.jpg

What does everybody think?
Attempt it and most probably screw it up or just make a normal one first?

Cheers
-Seb

njh
09-15-2003, 04:33 AM
Isn't it the same as the R34 GTR V-spec II just that there's no "Mspec Nur" decal

Jonno
09-15-2003, 04:33 AM
The Nur spec is actually available as the option in a kit. Tamiya's V-spec II has all the optional parts/decals to make the Nur Spec model. The kit has a white skyline on a blue box.

druid_99
09-15-2003, 06:08 AM
I've built the R34 V-Spec Nur Version and I think a lot of AF members had built it. Just browse in the "Skyline meet" in the "complete and in-progress" forum and you will find it. (at least mine is there.) :grinyes:

Sebstar
09-15-2003, 06:27 AM
what did you fellas do about the colour though? since the colour is millenium jade which was suppose to be only available on the nur...

Phreak
09-21-2003, 05:48 AM
I'm also currently building my first Skyline and I got the V-Spec II kit. I'm also looking for the color Millenium Jade. The manual in the box says it's a mixture of 3 different colors (green, yellow and silver) but this means I cannot buy a spraycan of this color.

Anyone know how I can resemble this color in any way using spraypaint?

Sebstar
09-21-2003, 07:07 AM
well i dont have the box so i didnt know that. thanks for letting me know about that. when i get the order from japan i'll have a look.
have a look into buying an airbrush. cuz that means you'll be able to mix all kinds of colours and use it as spray as well... usually air brushes can be gotten for not that much, which is worth it if you keep up this hobby really...

Phreak
09-21-2003, 07:50 AM
have a look into buying an airbrush. cuz that means you'll be able to mix all kinds of colours and use it as spray as well... usually air brushes can be gotten for not that much, which is worth it if you keep up this hobby really...
Well, I'm not really thinking about buying an airbrush to be honest. Don't have a lot of spare time to do modelling and I also have another expensive hobby. Mixing my own colors would be cool though..

Anyways.. maybe I'll spray it in an other color than Millenium Jade.

Add your comment to this topic!