Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

s2000 vs 350z

publicenemy137
09-14-2003, 12:03 PM
My cousin has a S2000 and keeps hyping it up like crazy. He makes it seem like it's the best car for it's price. I know the S2k has the most efficient 2.0 liter engine, and that it's really lightweight. But still, 350z packs so much more horsepower and torque, I think the 350z would win in a race. Does anyone know the answer to this question?? Also i read that S2000 won numerous awards for best overall car against the 350z, I think they are biased or something because the 350z is way better. My sister has an s2k too, but I don't really like it, it's a girl's car. Really small, and it's so low to the ground that you can feel every pebble on the ground. I would like to say the 350z is a man's sports car, it's big and aggressive looking. Anyways, your thoughts on the s2000 and 350z battle?

ps *btw, he even had the audacity to say the s2k could beat a WRX STi, then I said no way and told him the specs, and it can go 0-60 in 4.5 secs, then he corrected himself and said the STi could only barely beat it, yeah right :shakehead "

z33guy
09-14-2003, 01:21 PM
from what ive seen (no magazine racing, track experience) its a pretty close race. The Z has the power, but its a fat ass. The s2k is light and revs high. Prolly a driver race. The best time for a semi stock Z ive seen is 13.6 from a very skilled driver. I dont pay attention to stock sk2 times tho. I assume your talking drag racing. Thru the twisties i would have to say advantage honda. Comparing car to car, the Z has the best bang for the buck no question.

I dont think it would beat an STi at the strip. Twisties again, another story

publicenemy137
09-14-2003, 01:32 PM
the WRX STi would crush the S2k no question. I think it can run 12s on the track. for the s2000 you have to keep the RPM really high though, around 9000. I think the s2k can run 14.5 on average, but the best time i've heard was lower 14's.

Neutrino
09-14-2003, 05:02 PM
i'll say one thing that a lot of people forget.....low down torque counts and i don't mean it at drag races i mean it during very sharp corners...there is nothing like the felling of instant power when you exit a corner

this is a lesson i've learned autocrossing....its so easy to drop out of the powerband in slow corners and if your car has no torque down low like the s2k it will take forever to get back in the sweet spot and by the time you reach it the second corner comes....

this is one of the main reasons that i'm decided on a 350z for my next car lots and lots of torque very low in the rpm range

Purerock105
09-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Prolly a driver race.

I'd agree. Launching an S2000 does require some effort because
they are such hi rev'rs. It could be a great race with 2-experienced
drivers that know the limits of thier rides.

The tight track would lend an advantage for the S2k over a Z
in the twisities with both drivers being equal.

I'll find out. A S2000 club is going to Deals Gap, TN to drive
'The Dragon' next weekend. I'm taking my Vette(unrelated)
to drive the roads as well.

Check out www.tailofthedragon.com

:bigthumb:

z33guy
09-18-2003, 07:16 AM
ive missed out on acouple of rides thru there. One day i wont be so lazy and actually make it up there.

FutureZowneR
09-21-2003, 01:18 PM
do you think the tail of the dragon would be drift heaven?

Sean005
09-22-2003, 12:42 AM
PE i can tell you first hand that in an amateaur race, my friends STI decimated the S2000, and it would prolly take the Z too, but i dunno wanna race him yet, im waitin for the greddy tt to come out, then maybe we'll talk. Oh and the Z, can take the s2000 too, at least with a cold air intake (injen) is what i have, but like i said it is also jus amateaur so things may be different if pros get behind the wheel.

Neutrino
09-22-2003, 09:26 PM
If you guys have any more doubts about the 350Z beating a S200 just dowload from kazza the best motoring battle.....

the finishing order was 350Z, M3, S2000, Boxter....so even on a track the 350Z is superior

Jimmy Potter
10-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Both cars have their advantages over eachother. In the 1/4 mile drag the 2000 edges out the Z, but on the other hand, if a Z encounters a 2000 on the highway, a 70mph roll on, the Z really puts the 2000 to shame, the torque advantage really comes out to play.

TatII
10-15-2003, 08:49 PM
the Z is on average atleast 1 second faster in a race track then a S2K. the S2K might be a close match on at the drag strip. but in a race track like what neutrino says there are alot of turns and low speed corners. the Z has the torque to pull it out of each corner where the S2k requires alot of shifting to keep the engine boiling. plus if you get down to first gear corners, and the S2K falls out of V-TEC the S2K falls flat on its face and it takes forever for it get back up. while that is happening the Z will already be a few corners ahead of it already. not just in best motoring but in road and track. the Z had a faster lap time then a even a M3. the Z also laps atleast one second faster then the S2K. plus my friend has a S2K. i think that car is kinda slow. and dissapointing. so i hvae no clue why your bro thinks that car is all that.

b12sentra
10-16-2003, 11:55 PM
the s2000 runs 13.8 as tested on a magazin, the 350z is 14.0 i think but itll have the advantage on the track...

hardtutame
12-07-2003, 07:09 PM
My cousin has a S2000 and keeps hyping it up like crazy. He makes it seem like it's the best car for it's price. I know the S2k has the most efficient 2.0 liter engine, and that it's really lightweight. But still, 350z packs so much more horsepower and torque, I think the 350z would win in a race. Does anyone know the answer to this question?? Also i read that S2000 won numerous awards for best overall car against the 350z, I think they are biased or something because the 350z is way better. My sister has an s2k too, but I don't really like it, it's a girl's car. Really small, and it's so low to the ground that you can feel every pebble on the ground. I would like to say the 350z is a man's sports car, it's big and aggressive looking. Anyways, your thoughts on the s2000 and 350z battle?

ps *btw, he even had the audacity to say the s2k could beat a WRX STi, then I said no way and told him the specs, and it can go 0-60 in 4.5 secs, then he corrected himself and said the STi could only barely beat it, yeah right :shakehead "

I know this post is old but just wanted to let you know you have no clue what you are talking about. Its big therefore its a mans car? lol the S is low therefore is no good? Dude, think b4 you speak.

civici
12-29-2003, 04:21 AM
There's no car made for men or women, even thou there are some cars that look -girlyish- like the C-class benz or the Volvo S40. But they wasn't meant to be for a certain kind of ppl. You said the S2K looks girly.. but I wouldn't even bother. cuz I know I wouldn't pass the chance to get one. Although the Z looks a bit tougher.

flylwsi
12-29-2003, 01:20 PM
since when did being low have anything to do with feeling imperfections in the road?
stock for stock, i'd take the s2k... better suspension in my eyes...
but if you're modding, i'll take the 350z simply for this one reason. TWIN TURBOS

Polygon
12-29-2003, 01:45 PM
since when did being low have anything to do with feeling imperfections in the road?
stock for stock, i'd take the s2k... better suspension in my eyes...
but if you're modding, i'll take the 350z simply for this one reason. TWIN TURBOS

My thoughts exactly.

MexSiR
12-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Mmm s2000 was faster around the track and acceleration runs on car and driver...

Add your comment to this topic!