Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sony products

loismustdie
09-13-2003, 09:55 PM
i have heard that sony makes really crappy products(from this forum and other places). i would like to know if thats true or not. i know someone that has a sony system, and i said that his system sucked. he didn't really care but if i was wrong i want to apoligize. help me out...

and i only mean car subs, amps, and speakers... not head units or home speakers or anything like that.

sr20de4evr
09-13-2003, 10:03 PM
well they aren't that bad necessarily, but you can do much better for the money

for a general rule - if they sell it at best buy don't waste your money

Haibane
09-14-2003, 07:05 AM
well they aren't that bad necessarily, but you can do much better for the money

for a general rule - if they sell it at best buy don't waste your money I agree, but as a general rule, please don't go around and tell people their systems suck

loismustdie
09-14-2003, 10:33 AM
well i dont particularly care for this guy, so i dont really care what he thinks...

and i only said to him that he got ripped off hardcore, because he paid 600 for two subs and an amp.. that push about 300watts rms

ssjwizard
09-14-2003, 01:01 PM
yes he didnt get the best deal. yes sonys arent the greatest products but its not realy our place to say. i would have mentioned to him that he could ahve gotten some other equipment that would do the same for a bit less but i would not have gone about it in that way. i mean i just helped my freind install his rampage deck, some old paper cone 6.5's and a set of components he got at checker for 15 dollars. he thinks it sounds great i tell him that it could be alot better for not to much more money but leave it at that.

loismustdie
09-14-2003, 04:00 PM
well if he was my friend then i probly wouldn't have said anything

Silencer_Nate
09-14-2003, 04:11 PM
In answer to your question, my personal opinion on Sony is that their speakers, and amps aren't really worth anything. I DID love their decks though.

(I had 1300 watts installed into my '86 Vanagon...yes, it was ugly, yes, it funny, yes, it was slow, but yes, the system rocked. :evillol: )

MrCrazy
10-07-2003, 01:00 PM
i agree sony makes good 6/9s and 61/2s but when it comes to amps or stereos sony really sucks in porformance. i dont really know too much about sony subs though. i never had them for my use. If i were to get a sub i would go for kicker brand.

bridget36907
10-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Who do you guy's think make the best stereo cd\players...but at a good price?

sr20de4evr
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
eclipse, pioneer, alpine

Add your comment to this topic!