Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

transmission

digdugsae
09-12-2003, 01:07 PM
I just replaced my transmission in my 2001 Trailblazer, and when I was driving home from the dealership about 30 miles the truck stopped moving.

I got out and saw tranny fluid running all over the ground. I crawled underneath to find out that the cooler line had snapped out of the fitting and ruined my transmission.

Now after it being towed back to the shop, and listening to the mechanic explain what happend, he apparantly never put the c clip back in that retains the cooler line to the cooler.

Has this happened to anyone else?

thanks

digdug

kelly_b
05-01-2004, 06:10 PM
I just replaced my transmission in my 2001 Trailblazer, and when I was driving home from the dealership about 30 miles the truck stopped moving.

I got out and saw tranny fluid running all over the ground. I crawled underneath to find out that the cooler line had snapped out of the fitting and ruined my transmission.

Now after it being towed back to the shop, and listening to the mechanic explain what happend, he apparantly never put the c clip back in that retains the cooler line to the cooler.

Has this happened to anyone else?

thanks

digdug

I haven't had this problem, but I am curious about why you had to have your transmission replaced. I have a 2002 Trailblazer and it is not shifting correctly. It has started shifting at a higher RPM.

leopardmech
05-01-2004, 10:46 PM
If you have a 2001 Trailblazer then you should post your question in the blazer forum as most people in here have the new Trailblazer 2002 and on

vbubba
05-10-2004, 11:05 AM
I haven't had this problem, but I am curious about why you had to have your transmission replaced. I have a 2002 Trailblazer and it is not shifting correctly. It has started shifting at a higher RPM.
Kelly_b, I am having the same problem. What did the dealership say regarding your problem?

Add your comment to this topic!