Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Has anyone had this problem...

blondie76
09-12-2003, 09:30 AM
I own a 98 Avenger Sport automatic. I was backing out of my parking space and it was running kinda slow. I put my car in drive and it wouldn't go anywhere, I was pushing on the gas and nothing. Parking brake was off and everything. I put the car in park turned it off and turned it back on, put it in drive...nothing. It was like it was in neutral. I had to do this 3 times before it would go anywhere. This happened to me before when I first bought the car. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't duplicate it so they couldn't tell what the problem was. Does anyone have any ideas or have they had this problem as well? My car is gonna be paid off next month and I'm praying that nothing major happens to it. I'm hoping I can keep it for another year before I trade it in.

pcv
09-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Looks like you may have a transmission problem. Check the transmission fluid first, make sure it is full. If it is full, take it in for warranty ( if you still have warranty). They should be able to scan the tranny for codes, if it stored any, and go from there. Good Luck.

HotFlames786
12-08-2003, 08:09 PM
There is a problem with cars sometimes and I've had this happen once to mine. If you move the car a short distance and try to start it not too long afterwards, it'll try but won't go. I have a remote start on mine and this happened once after my mom moved it that morning. To get it to start, you have to put the gas all the way to the floor then start it and that works. I'm not sure if that may be the problem you're having, but if it is, that's what you gotta do!

blondie76
12-10-2003, 07:46 AM
I took it to the shop and had them check it out. They said my transmission fluid was leaking into the pan, or something like that. I have no idea what that means. Anyway, so far it hasn't had any problems.

Add your comment to this topic!