Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

suggestions and thoughts needed for ths 300ZX

suckmdk69
09-11-2003, 01:20 PM
i have just found a 91 300zx that i'm very interested in getting. here is a list of the things that it has being done (from show to go) and i'm wondering if you all can give me some suggestions or thoughts on what you think of the car and the mods? anything that i need to be careful of? or that i need to check before i'm seriously about buying it? thank you!

the car currently has 55k miles on it and is selling for 16.5, what do youll think? here is the list of mods provided by the owner!

Engine..

94 engine with adjustable cams!!! whole motor redone last year!!!! Have all papers to prove!!

Brand new turbo's rich's z tech!

turbo x's bov's

high flow cats with stillen s/s exhaust$$

Port + polished intake and heads

Stillen intercoolers$$$

full orthodox pulley set!

stillen twin pop

JWT ECU

550 cc injectors

Stillen stage 3 clutch $

EVC boost controller

all lines an hoses are stillen!!

interior

Custom yellow leathe seats with 300zx emblem stitching

hks turbo timer

4 pillar gauges ( oil, boost, temp, volts)

foot pedals, yellow momo wheel

neons all around the inside

chrome fire extinguisher

clifford alarm whith window roll down

short shifter and carbon fiber int kit, sway bars from stillen

Stereo!!

Three jl w6's with a enclosed customfiberglass box, zapco amps, eqc crossovers, half obt, mbqurats, focal speakers, rear battery as well as front, capacitor, eq stabilizers, dash tweeters and cd player with remote!!!

exterior

full stillen bodykit!

stillen wing

17 inch chrome wheels

cross drilled rotors with painted calipers

mid-chrome tints!

on board video camera in rear key cylinder or trunk!

fairlady z taillights

$1600 custom airbrush design with ghost flames under and around it!!!!!

neon around door key cyl

airhorns

BluEVIETMooN
09-21-2003, 08:12 AM
damn thats alot of mods. a 55k car for 16.5 with a whole shit loads of mods.

All ima say is : BUY IT!!!!!

Jracer6
06-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Thats sounds like a pretty awesome car. I tried to look at your pics, but the attachments didn't work. The only thing I noticed your car doesn't have is a suspension. If you ever have plans to drive it I would recommend it. Otherwise some coilover would look awesome at a show if you took some of the wheels off. Good luck with the sick ride!

freakonaleash1187
06-24-2004, 11:57 PM
i would pay 16.5 for a stock tt with 55k miles. like jracer said, i would do suspension when you get it. but me personally, i wouldn't buy a car with that many mods even if it is so cheap because i want to do my own mods. but that is probably just me.

Broke_as_****
06-25-2004, 03:04 AM
All those mods probably cost around 20-30k to do. If not more, and even more when you factor in labor. You are saving an ass load of money here.

Really just stupidly insane amounts of cash already spent. Unless there is mechanical problems, you better snatch that Z up before someone else does. But remember, its your cash so make sure its what you want.

1viadrft
06-25-2004, 10:34 AM
You should also consider that with so many Mods... the last guy may have drove the snot out of it... most second-hand mod/race/drift cars are in bad shape! Beware!

Other than that it sounds like a nice car... and I would have to agree with freak, I would much rather do my own mods than buy a car that is already done up! Sorry if this is harsh but: That does not say much about you... and I would not respect the car or driver! You have to put your own sweat and blood into a machine and earn it (mods) not buy it!

But like I said... sounds like a cool car... if you like it buy it and don't give a rat's ass what I think... with those mods you can beat my Zed in a straight... But on the Touge.... Bwahahahahahahaha! :smokin:

longlivetheZ
06-25-2004, 03:30 PM
I'd rather do my own mods, too. For piece of mind...so I know what's been done...so I know WHO did it...so I know who's been driving the piss outta the thing...stuff like that.

It sounds pretty cool, except:

Zapco Amps? Ehh...that sounds like one step above Acme...never heard of em.

Chrome tints...blargh...never seen this look good.

Stillen wing...no...just...no...Zs do NOT pull off big wings well...if it's a little wing, it might be aight.

Interior neons...meh.

Yellow leather seats...ehh...

Just my two cents...what the hell do I know. Mechanically, I'd be a little cautious, but it sounds alright. Check it out, then go for it if everything checks out, man.

Sorry if this is harsh but: That does not say much about you... and I would not respect the car or driver! You have to put your own sweat and blood into a machine and earn it (mods) not buy it!

I agree...mostly.

Broke_as_****
06-25-2004, 07:54 PM
I would much rather do my own mods than buy a car that is already done up

Considering you may get back half the money you put into the mods when you sell it if you are lucky (in this case probably more like a fifth, if that), got anymore pearls of wisdom Mr. Gates? I know I don't got the cash to do all that.

Earn my ass, a deal is a deal and if worse comes to worse he could probably sell it a month later for more. What I know is how much those fuckin turbo upgrades cost, damn things are worth their in gold once they're in the car. You could find someone that would pay 20k for it.

And I personally think on the matter, its not what you have and its not who did what to it, its how you drive it. Because in the end, thats all thats going to show. Feels good to do the work yourself, yes. Feels better to get a killer deal and do even more work yourself, yes.

However a well reasoned point was made. Do a compression check and all the standard stuff if you can.

DeleriousZ
06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
i see where you're coming from Broke as **** but i agree with the rest of the guys, i'd rather spend my cash to do my mods, i feel that it's way way way more rewarding to have a fast car that only you worked on. after all, think of all the experience you would gain from doing all those mods.. you'd be a Z Masta! just my :2cents:

StealthZ32
06-25-2004, 10:39 PM
first, those pic attachments didnt work
also, i agree mostly on every view, i like doing stuff myself to KNOW WHO DID IT. and know who drove it. idont trust anyone. my friend bought a tt that was rebuilt and supposedly and awesome car, it had about 400hp (sidenote::it had single exhaust, i could have smacked him) but anyway it blew up on him in about 2 months and he spent another sixK rebuilding it with other upgrades and now will prob sell. so BE CAREFUL. look for problems, when you look for problems you will find them.

Add your comment to this topic!