Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

b18b1 turbo (LS)

CiViC_b18b1
09-09-2003, 09:47 PM
im planning to boost my car i jsut wanted to know what turbo to use for my car which would b best, i drive a 92 si with a b18b1 and a b18c tranny. I wanted a turbo whoich spools up early casue redline is at 7, how much boost can i run on stock internals. My original plan was to get a 14b turbo off a 1990-94 dsm from a junkyard and get a custom exhaust manifold. or should i jsut go out and get a kit? some help here, and how much money are we talking,i dun have too much money too toy with.

S13GTR
09-09-2003, 09:57 PM
that turbo is so small you wont make any power but you will get quick spoolup. I incurage nothing smaller than a t3 if you plan on having any kind of powerband. The motor can hold atleast 10 psi but dont forget the internals are not too turbo friendly when it comes to overboosting. If you know what your doing you shouldnt have a problem. You will need aftermarket electronic support for controling you fuel curve under boost. Plus bigger injectors. Its expensive to make a non turbo car a turbo car the right way but if you do it right you will make power.

billab2ong
09-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Im also looking into turboing my Integra LS and this is what ive gathered is needed:

T3/T4 Turbo
Turbo Manifold(same for all B series engines)
Down pipe
wastegate
Blow off valve
Fuel pump
Down Tube
Intercooler
Piping/plumbing for the whole deal.
Injectors....440cc is plenty for a 10lb boost.
High Flow Exhaust/Test Pipe
New high performance clutch

looking for 10-12 as a daily driver i would get JE 9:1 pistons with eagle rods.

Also, go to a hondata outlet and buy an s100 and have them tune it to the psi you want. then dont touch a damn thing. if you wanna tune yourself....s200. but if you arent going to tune...s100. save a few hundred bucks aswell.

Add your comment to this topic!