Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I hate to do this but I feel I have to...

RyanGiorgio
09-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Okay, first of all this is not a direct attack on anyone, so before you guys complain, or a moderator locks/deletes this thread, please hear me out. I feel that you all should know of some suspected modelling plagiarism by one of our members. I am keeping his identity unknown for now. I don't think he will reply to this post, but I will speak with him on AIM about this.

Now, you all know of the exhausts that I make correct? I don't sell them unless someone PM's me about them. Then I'll do business. So one day I got a PM, they ordered two, I sent them and that was that. Now, the same person got back to me and asked for eight more. I said fine, but I specifically told him that I'd only sell them if he wasn't going to sell them as his own/own idea. He agreed. A few days later, I just wanted to check out this members website and to my disbelief it read "metal mufflers now on sale". Do i think that he was going to recieve mine and sell them as my own? Maybe. But, being smart I did not send them to him. I even left him a message on AIM asking for pictures of the metal exhausts he was making. No response...and no other talk about that order. Now, after seeing some evidence of his website being re-modelled, I decided to re-visit it. I was shocked...as he was selling metal exhausts. Exact copies of my own I must add. One of the pictures was actually one of the exact exhausts that i had sent him. I built it, and I remembered what the back end had looked like.

I was slightly angry when he gave me zero credit when he showed the finished models that had my exhausts on it. I don't know if he wants to play them off as his own or not. But now I'm even more pissed off that he ripped me off and is now selling them. I felt that I need to speak out about this and that we all need to watch out who we sell our own things to. Just keep this in mind. Thanks to the ones who took the time to read this.

-Ryan

Integra14
09-09-2003, 04:04 PM
that sucks...

just for information so no1 get suspicious

It wasn't me...
I have never done business with ryangorigio

pre98zetec
09-09-2003, 04:18 PM
that sucks...

just for information so no1 get suspicious

It wasn't me...
I have never done business with ryangorigio :shakehead :disappoin We all know who it is, But I am not metioning any names......

Josh

supratuner
09-09-2003, 04:33 PM
:shakehead :disappoin We all know who it is, But I am not metioning any names......

Josh

We all pretty much know who this @$$ hole is, personally i think he should be banned, i actually remember saying that the idea of this guys exaust prolly wasnt even his, since they did come out at the same time as Integra14's

To the mods, shit like this has been going on long enough with this member, some thing needs to be done.

F355spiderMan
09-09-2003, 04:36 PM
That sucks! There should be justice on this forum! :banghead:

Integra14
09-09-2003, 04:48 PM
This has to end... this is the last straw.. i cannot take this any longer

He has copied:

Ryan's mufflers
My previous mufflers
FOTW's Intercoolers

and im sure more that no1 knows about

every time he has been Let off loose , but i cannot allow that any longer... before we know it, he'll be selling copies of FOTW's transkits or trying to steal other New products from people..

If you approve of my argument and would like shorty banned type the next consecutiive number after me.... thankyou for your support

Ban: 1

pre98zetec
09-09-2003, 04:57 PM
EDIT: now that he lied directly to Integra14's face, i say :banhim:

Josh

RyanGiorgio
09-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Here are my mufflers and here are the bootlegged:

Mine:

Mine (http://www.geocities.com/smbiker612/exhausts.html)

Other:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pc9302b4990baea660ef232310c4d079d/fb228b47.jpg.orig.jpg

willimo
09-09-2003, 05:07 PM
...before we know it, he'll be selling copies of FOTW's transkits...

I don't think he's that talented.

bah humbug
09-09-2003, 05:33 PM
IS it Shorty? :disappoin

Have to grow up shorty. :grinno:

HAven't you learned you'll definiately get caught if you do something like this. :grinno:

He got you!

First some dick head you takes Guiddy's work, then Pman's work 2 times, then you!

I know I've talked about doing something like this but I haven't taken it into action, I seems like a good idea but it's just wrong, know I've learned that I shouldn't think about doing it anymore a unless it's for my own use.

Modgod
09-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Wow that sucks AGAIN has happen to me when I was selling some (skateboard) shirts and some guy said he made them But ill be pming you to buy one for a upcoming project.

MR-2RaCeR
09-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Ok, u guys may think it is shorty but it isnt. I am a really good friend of his and me and him make these exhausts. we didnot steal the idea from neone. I was the one who suggested that we use metal, and i also suggested the sizes to use. I had never seen any of ryangiorgio's exhaust, so all of this is a waste of time. Integra 14, he never copied your exhausts ok? there is no plagerism involved here, just a coincidence that the exhausts seem to look the same.

Integra14
09-09-2003, 06:08 PM
read ryan's post.. mr2... it specifically says that U guys bought his, took pics of hiis, and claimed it as ur own..

u guys need to grow up and stop "stealing" peoples ideas or what not...

and: Shorty did have problems with me too... when i sent him a muffler and he claimed it as his own.. everoyone knows that, because i just made a thread bout it..

also wwith FOTW's intercoolers.. everyone knows about that too...

Just give up, cause veroyne is catching on that you guys are frauds and shouldn't be aloud to sell , and make profit on hard work that u didn't even do...

:banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

:banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

MR-2RaCeR
09-09-2003, 06:41 PM
read ryan's post.. mr2... it specifically says that U guys bought his, took pics of hiis, and claimed it as ur own..

u guys need to grow up and stop "stealing" peoples ideas or what not...

and: Shorty did have problems with me too... when i sent him a muffler and he claimed it as his own.. everoyone knows that, because i just made a thread bout it..

also wwith FOTW's intercoolers.. everyone knows about that too...

Just give up, cause veroyne is catching on that you guys are frauds and shouldn't be aloud to sell , and make profit on hard work that u didn't even do...

:banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

:banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

Dude, how much do u wanna fucken bet that we make our own exhausts? And :wtf: are you talking about, FOTW's intercooler? He never bought an intercooler from FOTW! Here is a pic to prove thoes are not ryangiorgio's, we made these by OURSELVES!!!

freakray
09-09-2003, 06:44 PM
I am not going to speculate as to who Ryan was posting about, although I am sure we all have a good idea.

[ rant ]

What I am going to say is this, it is absolutely unforgiveable and digusting what this person has been doing, their actions are detrimental to the AF modelling community as a whole.
I think, pending a moderator's decision, they should be banned without any explanation.

[ /rant ]

tonioseven
09-09-2003, 06:49 PM
I am not going to speculate as to who Ryan was posting about, although I am sure we all have a good idea.

[ rant ]

What I am going to say is this, it is absolutely unforgiveable and digusting what this person has been doing, their actions are detrimental to the AF modelling community as a whole.
I think, pending a moderator's decision, they should be banned without any explanation.

[ /rant ]
I agree; I am fully aware of the intercooler episode as well and enough is enough. :shakehead

flyonthewall
09-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Just to point out that Shorty never purchased any Intercoolers from me. The problem I had with him was that he wasted my time when I made one for him after much pestering, he never brought it and then started making his own. Why did I need to bother?

slk320
09-09-2003, 08:07 PM
I will buy it Chris!!!

:grinyes:

MR-2RaCeR
09-09-2003, 08:09 PM
ARe you guyz not listening to wut i said?! HE DID NOT PLAIGERIZE ANYTHING FROM ANYONE, SO THEREFORE, HE SHOULD NOT BE BANNED!
this whole thread is all just a mistake and a misunderstanding, and i think a moderator should lock this by now.

CamaroSSBoy346
09-09-2003, 08:17 PM
my shit isnt even worth stealing, but, its not that hard to make mufflers/ :rolleyes: :eek7:

MR-2RaCeR
09-09-2003, 08:22 PM
my shit isnt even worth stealing, but, its not that hard to make mufflers/ :rolleyes: :eek7:

exactly! Shorty did not sell your exhausts ok, he made them himself!! Just like my picture shows, the piping we use is in the back, so we arent selling your exhausts !

hobbes874
09-09-2003, 09:58 PM
First of all, where the hell is Shorty? why hasn't he posted about this issue. If it isn't him then why doesn't he just say so, but him not saying anything makes me wonder. I truely have no idea who it is, but who ever is doing this needs to be banned. Like CamaroBoy said, it isn't hard to make mufflers (hell, I make them!), and if you have to take someones product because you can't make your own then you are a true :loser: .
PS: To the loser
http://www.ileet.net/images/lamerstreet.jpg

MR-2RaCeR
09-09-2003, 10:09 PM
i think y he isnt replying is because most of the ppl that hav replied to this thread hav badmouthed him, so he probably doesnt wanna reply because not many ppl woulld believe him. that may be y...

supratuner
09-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Ryan's mufflers
My previous mufflers
FOTW's Intercoolers

Ban: 1

and hes poisoned our water supplies, burned our crops, and set a pplaque onto the land. sorry i couldnt resist that

but suriously, some thing needs to be done here, and you do have a point.

And shorty, lets hear what you have to say about this.

MR-2RaCeR
09-09-2003, 10:17 PM
damn this has turned into a big trial...Which reminds me, we should hav a court system on af :p

ShOrtyOC714
09-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Ok First of all i think my friend explained most of it to u guys. I never sold anyones exhaust ever! All the stuff i sold was made by me or my friend. We got our own supplies at our hobby shop. As u can see by the pic, we have our own pipes, that proves i didnt sell Ryan's exhaust, if u still think i did, i did not, i used those exhaust on my Civic HB and my friends car.

Honoturtle
09-09-2003, 11:11 PM
First off, I like to state that I'm not picking sides, if a ban is going to take place, it has to be done fairly:

Anyhoo, this is how I see it. I can beleive that Charles & his friend makes their own exhaust rather than just "re-sell" them, you see he was asking me if I could sell him some of the needed supplies (tubes), but I told him he should give a shot to the classifieds before referring to me. The way I figure, since he didn't PM me back, he got his hands on some, in this case I'm guessing from his LHS. But then comes the question why he wanted to order 8??

On the other hand, if he's using Ryans exhaust to advertise what he sells, while he pushes a different product to the consumer, I can understand that it is false advertising. But once they're sold, they are his property, but not his idea.

In any case, mufflers can be easily made at home using a tutorial I made for you guys... HOW TO....Scratchbuild Mufflers (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89854). All the parts are already pre-made, you just have to put it together! :)

ShOrtyOC714
09-09-2003, 11:21 PM
First off, I like to state that I'm not picking sides, if a ban is going to take place, it has to be done fairly:

Anyhoo, this is how I see it. I can beleive that Charles & his friend makes their own exhaust rather than just "re-sell" them, you see he was asking me if I could sell him some of the needed supplies (tubes), but I told him he should give a shot to the classifieds before referring to me. The way I figure, since he didn't PM me back, he got his hands on some, in this case I'm guessing from his LHS. But then comes the question why he wanted to order 8??

On the other hand, if he's using Ryans exhaust to advertise what he sells, while he pushes a different product to the consumer, I can understand that it is false advertising. But once they're sold, they are his property, but not his idea.

In any case, mufflers can be easily made at home using a tutorial I made for you guys... HOW TO....Scratchbuild Mufflers (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89854). All the parts are already pre-made, you just have to put it together! :)

I didnt use Ryans exhaust for the pic, those are my exhaust i made, u can ask MR-Racer if u want. I took those pics personally, they were mine.. Not Ryans. If they were ryans u could see the brass inner tubbing, mine doesnt have that, i have all aluminum tubbing.

modelcarmaster16
09-10-2003, 08:00 AM
BTW honoturtle wut have you done to the supra engine you got from me??lol OFF topic.. :wink: and i say ban the @$$ hole if theres any..

nervestrikes
09-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Yo !, just to add my :2cents: even if he bought the items in question and turned around and sold them on his website for a profit he legally is not in the wrong unless that idea was patented. Other than hurting one anothers ego for credit given to who inspired who or better yet who created what how about we all just drop it. Don't ban the kid cause everyone makes mistakes against honor to which no law or rules could ever quite up hold due to the greed of money. I am not taking sides, I would in this time of September 11th anniversary like to use all the energy and make it positive. Lets build some models and show off those stupid mufflers we all love so much. I am not knocking anyone in this post and congratulations to everyone for making this leap forward to being men recognizing our faults as well as strengths. Thanks for reading

Nervestrikes.

Guido
09-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Yo !, just to add my :2cents: even if he bought the items in question and turned around and sold them on his website for a profit he legally is not in the wrong unless that idea was patented. Other than hurting one anothers ego for credit given to who inspired who or better yet who created what how about we all just drop it. Don't ban the kid cause everyone makes mistakes against honor to which no law or rules could ever quite up hold due to the greed of money. I am not taking sides, I would in this time of September 11th anniversary like to use all the energy and make it positive. Lets build some models and show off those stupid mufflers we all love so much. I am not knocking anyone in this post and congratulations to everyone for making this leap forward to being men recognizing our faults as well as strengths. Thanks for reading

Nervestrikes.

:iagree:

I can buy kits from FOTW, in fact I have some of his stuff at home, and if I'm willing to, I can sell it on my site. I'd have the decency to write that FOTW is the fabricator of the kits, but basically I CAN sell 'em. Mufflers and intercoolers are of course another thing when it comes to complexity etc. Meaning, anyone who is a little skilled can make 'em and a muffler is a muffler and when done decently they all will look pretty much the same, so difficult to say from an internet foto if it's plageate or not. Not so with hoods, resin casting etc.

My 2 cents, just be very carefull to ban someone for somehting like this.

Peace brothers.

Integra14
09-10-2003, 02:20 PM
This is totally rediculous, This kid has been "in the dog house" so many times and everyone is so forgiving... why......... He'll just to try to copy another persons work... and another... and another...

He buys/(BAD TRADES) them from other people.. claims them as his own IN his threads... WHICH I HAVE SPECIFIC QUOTES IF NEEDED... and then opens up shops to sell them...

Ryan.. Please specify, that you are talking about shorty so that everoyne knows of another incident that has occurred recently...

I think that justice must be served.... if its 1 problem i would understand , but this has gone to far.. and this must be the 5th or 6th problem AF has had with this member...

All the way from his first post he has been misleading everyone with his Integra, that was claimed to be custom! haha.. and now the mufflers/intercoolers. etc?... what will be nextt I SAY again..

Sorry, but i still say

:banhim:

ShOrtyOC714
09-10-2003, 05:10 PM
This is totally rediculous, This kid has been "in the dog house" so many times and everyone is so forgiving... why......... He'll just to try to copy another persons work... and another... and another...

He buys/(BAD TRADES) them from other people.. claims them as his own IN his threads... WHICH I HAVE SPECIFIC QUOTES IF NEEDED... and then opens up shops to sell them...

Ryan.. Please specify, that you are talking about shorty so that everoyne knows of another incident that has occurred recently...

I think that justice must be served.... if its 1 problem i would understand , but this has gone to far.. and this must be the 5th or 6th problem AF has had with this member...

All the way from his first post he has been misleading everyone with his Integra, that was claimed to be custom! haha.. and now the mufflers/intercoolers. etc?... what will be nextt I SAY again..

Sorry, but i still say

See u guys always think whut u want to, but none of that is true, but w/e u guys can think whut ever u want to. And if u ban me, i will still find my way onto AF again.

bah humbug
09-10-2003, 05:29 PM
I will still find my way onto AF again.

If the moderators can block your IP adress you'll have no way to get in.
I don't know if it's possible but if it is you stuck out of here. :cwm27:

And I think from ever post you make I think the mods can see your IP adress. It says IP log on the bottom of everyone's post. They'll still catch you.

If you make your own exhausts why did you buy some from Ryan, then?

I would really like to know why. :disappoin :headshake :shakehead

Tell me. :naughty:

kicker1_solo
09-10-2003, 05:44 PM
And if u ban me, i will still find my way onto AF again.
You're threatening AF? They'll ban your IP, you'll go to your friend's house and then they'll ban his IP, then the library's, and your sister's house, and everywhere that you post from. Soon every computer that you ever touch will have it's IP banned from AF. A little boy can't even begin to touch a million dollar website. :screwy:

modelcarmaster16
09-10-2003, 05:46 PM
mnnnn....have you think that you can change ip with sumthin called a rotor.that way he can find himself into AF again. :headshake

supratuner
09-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Ryan Giorgio wanted me to post this for him since he is one of the unlucky that is being told the surver is too busy at the moment

SMBiker612: even if they arent my exausts in the pictures, he still gave me no credit for the exhuats on his civic in the gallery, which is plagiarism. He also stole my ideas. Everyone's own ideas and artwork is their own intellectual property...and he stole that from me

ShOrtyOC714
09-10-2003, 06:23 PM
I know i didnt give credit to Ryan on my site, and i am sorry. I will give credit to him, asap. I bought some exhaust from Ryan was cuz i never had any piping before, until my friend started modeling and he found some perfect sized metal piping and then we started making them.

hobbes874
09-10-2003, 06:26 PM
And if u ban me, i will still find my way onto AF again.
So what your saying is that it was you...........Shorty, pick and argument and stick to it. Don't threaten AF either :nono:

ShOrtyOC714
09-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Im not threatening anyone... I like AF and still want to be here.

RyanGiorgio
09-10-2003, 06:32 PM
I know i didnt give credit to Ryan on my site, and i am sorry. I will give credit to him, asap. I bought some exhaust from Ryan was cuz i never had any piping before, until my friend started modeling and he found some perfect sized metal piping and then we started making them.

Okay, all, it is indeed Shorty, just for those who need conformation. Shorty, maybe the exhausts you have pictures aren't my own, but still, you plagiarized my own artwork. Like SupraTuner posted for me, it is my own intellectual property in which cannot be stolen from me. Its not just the one incident that you hadn't given me credit for my creations, but numerous times. Every thread, no credit. Nor did you even give me credit for a valuable idea that you stole from me. Its okay if you would have asked, I know it wasn't patented or anything, but it still makes me feel like shit when I recieve 0 credit while people look at your exhausts and go buy them from you. The idea came from me, thus they should be buying from me. I am not being greedy here, I am just trying to prove a point. This threads may be closed if one of the moderators wishes. I will no longer argue about whos the good guy/whos the bad guy. The point is that Shorty, this is one of the numerous incidents and it has gone far enough.

ShOrtyOC714
09-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Okay, all, it is indeed Shorty, just for those who need conformation. Shorty, maybe the exhausts you have pictures aren't my own, but still, you plagiarized my own artwork. Like SupraTuner posted for me, it is my own intellectual property in which cannot be stolen from me. Its not just the one incident that you hadn't given me credit for my creations, but numerous times. Every thread, no credit. Nor did you even give me credit for a valuable idea that you stole from me. Its okay if you would have asked, I know it wasn't patented or anything, but it still makes me feel like shit when I recieve 0 credit while people look at your exhausts and go buy them from you. The idea came from me, thus they should be buying from me. I am not being greedy here, I am just trying to prove a point. This threads may be closed if one of the moderators wishes. I will no longer argue about whos the good guy/whos the bad guy. The point is that Shorty, this is one of the numerous incidents and it has gone far enough.

I know, i am sorry. But next time i will give credit to u, and INtegra 14. Can a mod. please close this thread, enough has been said.

phatmitsu
09-10-2003, 07:32 PM
I have to chime in on this.. Ryan to me it sounds like your upset because shorty is not giving you credit for showing him how to make these pipes.. Correct? Well he shouldn't have to.. I dont give every person that taught me something credit on every model.. I also dont give credit to each product i use.. You dont see detail master coming after me do you.. So what Shorty used you pipe on his civic, so what he now makes them and sells them (did you ever think it may be from one of the millions of tutiorials on the web) It dont matter.. We are all here to learn to build models better and to share what we have learned.. Anybody can ask me anything about one of my cars and i will tell them how i did it.. I dont expect them to show me props from now on, and thats all this is about now.. So as far as im concierned Shorty didnt do anything wrong(except posting his shit to much in the classified section) So he should not be banned.. Thats my two cent do with it what you will.. Later Rick S.

Integra14
09-10-2003, 08:21 PM
I know, i am sorry. But next time i will give credit to u, and INtegra 14. Can a mod. please close this thread, enough has been said.

no, this needs to be discussed:

Any how.... after 5-6 incidents, i don't think i will accpet your apology, .... I cannot... Sorry ain't gonna get u loose this time shorty...

Jonno
09-11-2003, 02:39 AM
I have said it before, and I will say it again, Why bother selling exhausts made out of straws, or metal piping, any Tom, Dick and Harry could do that. If you really need to sell something, why don't you sell something more significant, that not to many people sell. Find a way to make sound systems, the only way I know of to buy them is through hoppin hydros, and to tell you the truth, I think they are really over priced.

Although I am not taking sides, why are we trying to team up to get someone banned? IMO it isn't right.
But on the other hand, neither is making something that somebody else came up with the idea for and selling it for your own profit (I would approve of it if the money was being donated to AF... :p ) without giving that person credit.

This whole issue has been disscussed before, and I think that it is threads like these that we could all go without. For the first year or so that the car modeling section on AF has been up, there was no flame wars. It has been lately when everybody has been arguing.

Just my :2cents:

tonioseven
09-12-2003, 08:50 AM
See u guys always think whut u want to, but none of that is true, but w/e u guys can think whut ever u want to. And if u ban me, i will still find my way onto AF again.
You won't be banned but we have ways of making sure you can't get back to AF if we choose to use them! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I've finished another model since this thread started! Go build something!! :icon16: ALL OF YOU!! Life is too short!!

Add your comment to this topic!