look in the web Page

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=117&i=7296

http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/d/44444

http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/sixcms/media.php/23/R-GT_450.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/uploads/news/7296-1.jpg

:rofl:

TexasF355F1
09-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Looks pretty clean, but that spoiler has bot be shrunken down.

KLD
09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/events/iaa2003/2003_lamborghini_murcielago_gt_r-1.jpg

jtrader
09-10-2003, 04:23 AM
looks super but i wanna see test of 0-60 in how much
and second of all 1100kg with sequential gearshift, incredible

raven1822
09-10-2003, 05:35 AM
"For this test and race programme, the car will be driven by professional drivers Peter Kox and Oliver Gavin. "

This is kind of strange, the car will be tested by a factory Corvette Driver and a Prodrive Ferrari driver. It is just so ironic.

Second, why are they aiming for the GT class and not the GTS class. I see Lambo wanting to race against the Saleens, 550's, and Corvettes C5-R more than Porsche GT3's and the 360 Modena's????

raven1822
09-10-2003, 05:40 AM
Looks pretty clean, but that spoiler has bot be shrunken down.

That spoiler is huge but when compared to the other Lemans cars it is the norm. What they really need to do is to trim it down a bit, put the normal 6.2L V12 back in there. Tune it a bit and let it loose on the streets. Then they will have some firepower.

I am sure that we will see a higher spec version of the Murcielage within two years, but they need to hurry. As we all know there are a lot of competitior on the verge of release many with over 600bhp. MB SLR, Carrera GT, Enzo, MB's SL65, not to mention the smaller more expensive makers, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Buggatti, etc.

jtrader
09-10-2003, 05:52 AM
do you know how many bhp has and also if is double turbo?

KLD
09-10-2003, 06:48 AM
:evillol:

http://www.kldconcept.com/murcirgt/2003_lamborghini_murcielago_gt_r-AR.jpg

Raging Bull
09-10-2003, 07:40 AM
wow, im lovin the looks of this!! need to get online with my own pc so i can save some images!!

Pringles
09-10-2003, 09:43 AM
So this is a race-only model right? This is precisely the car I've been patiently waiting for Lamborghini to release! I hope there is a street version. 1100KG WOW!!!!

spare_me_a_murci
09-10-2003, 09:44 AM
no one knows more about it yet??? :frown:

.. all I know is that is has 1100 kg and has been converted to RWD!

KLD
09-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Lamborghini back on the racetrack: the Murciélago R-GT
Alison Hill, 9/09/03

Today at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show, Lamborghini unveiled the Murciélago R-GT, a new race car derived from its acclaimed super sports car, the Lamborghini Murciélago.

The Murciélago R-GT, developed jointly with renowned race engineering company Reiter Engineering in Germany, and parent company Audi’s sports division Audi Sport, will offer Lamborghini clients a highly competitive car with which to participate in global professional motorsport.

Built to the specification of FIA and ACO regulations, the R-GT will be equipped with a Lamborghini air restricted 6 litre V12 engine, developing a highly competitive power output. The drive train, converted from the Murciélago permanent 4WD to RWD, as per the FIA/ACO regulations, will sport a sequential gearbox. The total weight will be contained within the relevant class specification of 1100 kg.

The Murciélago R-GT has been developed by the ‘House of the raging bull’, as a result of increasing customer demand for a high-specification Lamborghini race car at a competitive price. The R-GT will be supported by the Lamborghini Customer Sports Programme that takes care not only of race car sales but will also offer trackside assistance.

The Murciélago R-GT will be eligible for entry in national and international race events such as the European FIA GT Championship and the American

Le Mans Series, competing in the GT category of these two major championships. Vehicles for customers will be available by 2004 at a selling price below 500.000 Euro.

Following the official launch at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Reiter Engineering will undertake a test and development programme, entering a Murciélago R-GT in the FIA GT races at Estoril, 5 October and at Monza on October 19, 2003. Reiter Engineering plans to shakedown the first car in late September and undertake a test session prior to the Estoril race weekend. For this test and race programme, the car will be driven by professional drivers Peter Kox and Oliver Gavin.

Dr. Werner Mischke, Chairman and President of Automobili Lamborghini, says of the Murciélago launch, “There is already substantial demand for the Murciélago R-GT, from motorsport teams and drivers alike: we anticipate this new race car becoming one of the special attractions in GT motorsport. The presence of this new racing Lamborghini at international sports car events will be a perfect opportunity to showcase the competitive and performance advantages of the Murciélago.”

spare_me_a_murci
09-10-2003, 12:02 PM
I've already read that... but thanks anyway! :bigthumb:

spare_me_a_murci
09-10-2003, 12:09 PM
... what I'd really like to know is what was changed apart from what we see from the exterior, like what was changed in the engine and how they achieved 550 kg less than the 1650kg Murci!!

Pringles
09-13-2003, 02:57 AM
Stripped-out interior, lots and lots of carbon-fiber and plastic glass. I doubt they have done much to the engine apart from competition exhaust system and fuel injection tweaks.

A road version has to come out soon!!! :smokin:

NSX-R-SSJ20K
09-13-2003, 07:04 AM
I want one. :crying:

KLD
09-13-2003, 01:41 PM
I would be with the show of frankfurt the 16/09/2003 I will take tons of photographs :tongue:

have already some photographs on my Web site

My Web Site (http://www.kldconcept.com/)

TimSalewsky
09-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I would be with the show of frankfurt the 16/09/2003 I will take tons of photographs :tongue:

have already some photographs on my Web site

My Web Site (http://www.kldconcept.com/)

Thank you! I am enjoying what you have up right now a lot! I was noticing that it is equipped with the paddle style shifters which I am assuming is the same e-gear technology on the Gallardo. I think they achieved a lot of the weight reduction by using different materials for the body shell from what I can tell as well as gutting out the interior of most of it's luxuries. Looks exciting and fun to drive! I can't wait to watch it race in the American LeMans series and give the Corvettes and the Ferrari 550(or 575GTC) a run for it's money which has been doing really well in it's first months since it's introduction in the series.

TimSalewsky
09-13-2003, 05:55 PM
I want one. :crying:
Me too. :cool:

Sean
09-13-2003, 08:02 PM
:eek2: That thing is amazing! So much carbon fiber :cool:

I've got a new background now :D

Pringles
09-14-2003, 03:20 AM
Everything IS carbon-fiber

KLDConcept.com

http://www.kldconcept.com/murcirgt/8_xxl.jpg

Pringles
09-14-2003, 03:23 AM
KLDConcept.com

http://www.kldconcept.com/murcirgt/korm_big.jpg

spare_me_a_murci
09-14-2003, 07:53 PM
so much carbon fibre :grinyes:
... but what about the engine? I'm sure something was changed!! more bhp? more torque? what do the air restricters exactly do ??

spare_me_a_murci
09-14-2003, 07:58 PM
...and I'd like to express my anger towards Lamborghini for creating another masterpiece that I'll never own! (oh pain!!!!!!)

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-14-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm away from the Lambo forums for a while and look what happens... This thing looks really cool. I wasn't expecting a Murcie with an all carbon body, but here it is. I'm not crazy about the wing, but nothing can ruin the looks of this car. This beats the Enzo, McLaren, and Challenge Stradale combined. One of my favorite cars has become even better. I love it. Thank you Lamborghini.

raven1822
09-15-2003, 06:46 AM
Thank you! I am enjoying what you have up right now a lot! I was noticing that it is equipped with the paddle style shifters which I am assuming is the same e-gear technology on the Gallardo. I think they achieved a lot of the weight reduction by using different materials for the body shell from what I can tell as well as gutting out the interior of most of it's luxuries. Looks exciting and fun to drive! I can't wait to watch it race in the American LeMans series and give the Corvettes and the Ferrari 550(or 575GTC) a run for it's money which has been doing really well in it's first months since it's introduction in the series.

Tim, I am with you but it seems that the Lambo will be racing in the GT category and not the GTS. This of course it will be in direct competition with the 360GT and 911GT3's. It can indeed race with the Vettes, 550's and the Saleens for overall honors but it will not be in the same class. Why?? I have know idea, I was hoping to seem them in the GTS class.

hiphophomer
09-15-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm away from the Lambo forums for a while and look what happens... This thing looks really cool. I wasn't expecting a Murcie with an all carbon body, but here it is. I'm not crazy about the wing, but nothing can ruin the looks of this car. This beats the Enzo, McLaren, and Challenge Stradale combined. One of my favorite cars has become even better. I love it. Thank you Lamborghini.
liar i thought you said that stupid porche was your favorite car :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

KLD
09-16-2003, 03:28 PM
veiled return of Frankfurt I has just added 60 photographs + 1 video of Murcielago R-Gt :eek2:

spare_me_a_murci
09-17-2003, 05:19 AM
thank you!! thank you!! thank you!! thank you!! thank you!! thank you!!
beautiful!!! :thumbsup:

... no details about the engine yet??

Pringles
09-17-2003, 06:35 AM
That rear wing looks awful from some angles and something doesn't look right about the rear wheel arches, but I'm loving the overall concept. :smokin:

Pringles
09-18-2003, 07:24 AM
www.autoexpress.co.uk

"The Murciélago R-GT is the most extreme Lambo ever created. It uses the regular 6.2-litre engine, but power is boosted from 580bhp to 600bhp. The stripped-out machine weighs less than 1,100kg, and engineers believe it's capable of covering 0-60mph in about 3.5 seconds. Just look at that rear wing!

Unlike the 4x4 standard car, the R-GT is rear-wheel drive and features a minimalist interior. The carbon fibre panels are unpainted as engineers believe leaving the Lambo in its natural state saves further bulk. Sales will be strictly limited, with only invited customers getting the opportunity to buy one. They can expect to pay in the region of £370,000."

CRXloon
09-18-2003, 01:00 PM
"That rear wing looks awful from some angles and something doesn't look right about the rear wheel arches, but I'm loving the overall concept."

Agreed, i think the rear wing is overkill, (something like the Diablo GTRs' wing would have been better), and the rear wheels are recessed up into the rear arches too far, (aesthetically), but it is a race car, so i guess aesthetics are not at the top of the list.

Makes the Vipers etc. it's going to go up against look :greddy2:

Someone's bound to put one on the road tho' :devil:

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-18-2003, 03:26 PM
liar i thought you said that stupid porche was your favorite car :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Where did that come from? I never said anything about any Porche being my favorite car.

And about the wing: This isn't a ricer we are talking about here. This is an actual racing car, and the huge wing serves a perpose. It is not for looks, it is for function... And I think it looks pretty damn cool.

And BTW, the Murcielago GT available to the public may not even have it...

spare_me_a_murci
09-18-2003, 06:19 PM
I think it's beautiful!!! We can clearly see that it was well studied because it follows the aerodynamic curve of the car (the small rise on the center of the wing follows the rise on the bodywork above the cockpit). As for the rear tires being almost 'into' the bodywork is just because of the suspension adjustment... and everybody knows that for better dynamics it's got to be the lowest possible! The engineers really can't give a damn about the looks.. they prepared a race Lambo, not a showcar!!

Man.. this machine looks damn good!! Can't wait to see a road ready GT!

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-18-2003, 09:47 PM
And about that road-ready GT, how long is it before they release the photos and info for that??? I can't wait.

DarthAndy
09-19-2003, 05:36 AM
have you seen all these exclusive pics on supercars.de?

http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/82/743.html

http://www.supercars.de/data/lamborghini/2003murcielago%20r-gt/480/012.jpg

have fun ;-)

Mulsanne
09-19-2003, 07:04 AM
... what I'd really like to know is what was changed apart from what we see from the exterior, like what was changed in the engine and how they achieved 550 kg less than the 1650kg Murci!!

I think much of the weight reduction is done by changing from four wheel drive to RWD!?

spare_me_a_murci
09-19-2003, 09:05 AM
most of my questions have been answered already... but as for removing the awd system, it should only take about 100-150 kg... most of the weight reduction was almost certainly from the new carbon fiber bodywork and probably some engine parts were substituted by lighter ones

...but thanks anyway!

TimSalewsky
09-20-2003, 05:54 PM
Tim, I am with you but it seems that the Lambo will be racing in the GT category and not the GTS. This of course it will be in direct competition with the 360GT and 911GT3's. It can indeed race with the Vettes, 550's and the Saleens for overall honors but it will not be in the same class. Why?? I have know idea, I was hoping to seem them in the GTS class.

I was hoping it would be in the GTS class as well. Maybe because it's a new car. I am sure there is more fine tuning to do. Just a couple of more weeks and it makes it's debut. I can't wait to see it in American LeMans.

hiphophomer
09-24-2003, 12:32 PM
if thats not street legal then still why would people buy it?street racing?.or did they make this street legal?

farbod
09-24-2003, 01:49 PM
i think it is street legal

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-24-2003, 06:21 PM
if thats not street legal then still why would people buy it?street racing?.or did they make this street legal?

This is the version Lamborghini will use in racing. The street legal GT will be released later. This is the same thing they did with the Diablo R-GT/GT, right?

hiphophomer
09-25-2003, 05:42 PM
oh i know that part but you showed the price right...why would people wanna pay that much money if they cant take it on the street :nono:

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-25-2003, 07:23 PM
oh i know that part but you showed the price right...why would people wanna pay that much money if they cant take it on the street :nono:

What? I am pretty sure the GT will be the only version available to the public. The R-GT is for Lamborghini racing....

Doucette
09-26-2003, 12:14 PM
More pics:

http://www.kldconcept.com/murci_r-gt.htm
http://www.kldconcept.com/murcirgt/Dcp_1962.jpg
http://www.kldconcept.com/murci_r-gt.htm

farbod
09-26-2003, 12:19 PM
that car is wicked what is the top speed

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-26-2003, 04:55 PM
No specifications released. But the 580 HP Murcie engine, possibly modified, in a much lighter car... wow!

farbod
09-27-2003, 08:14 AM
try and post the pictures again i want to see them

Pringles
09-27-2003, 10:36 AM
600bhp, 1100kgs. Top speed will depend on gear ratios. I'm sure this one has a close ratio gearbox for racing, so top speed will not be a priority... same as the Diablo GTR.

farbod
09-27-2003, 11:13 AM
easly over 215mph but how much faster

[SS]Disabled
09-27-2003, 04:11 PM
easly over 215mph but how much faster

Who cares, it was already beaten by ENZO and its not the No.1 Supercar anymore. I've completely lost my respect towards Laborghini! :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin

farbod
09-27-2003, 04:32 PM
then what is the no1 supercar

Sean
09-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Disabled']Who cares, it was already beaten by ENZO and its not the No.1 Supercar anymore. I've completely lost my respect towards Laborghini! :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin

Maybe if you could spell it right, someone might actually care.

And just so you know, the Murcilago was not designed to be the fastest, the most shocking, or the most exotic supercar. Back in the 1970's they proved they could make the fastest car, and they did with the Miura. The Countach was, and still is a huge attention grabber.

Lamborghini has already proved themselves, but with the Murcilago they went back to the companies original goal. It was made to be the best GT car, and I think I speak for more people then myself when I say they've accomplished that goal.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Well said Sean, but calm down a little bit.

farbod
09-28-2003, 06:08 AM
yeh man calm down

Pringles
09-28-2003, 12:26 PM
Funny how some people only seem to rate a car by its top speed. I find that so sad...

Pringles
09-28-2003, 12:35 PM
The fact that the R-GT will go faster through the twisties and turns is more important to me than reaching some theoretical top speed which you may only ever reach given a long enough straight. The R-GT comes fitted with slick tyres and race suspension as well as aerodynamic enhancements for extra downforce so I'm willing to bet my life savings that the Enzo will not stand a chance against it on a racetrack.

farbod
09-28-2003, 01:20 PM
yeh a car is not baised on the top speed it is on the looks the sound .

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-28-2003, 10:06 PM
yeh a car is not baised on the top speed it is on the looks the sound .

Not when you are talking about racing. And even if you are just talking about buying a car, you can't base it on looks and sound...

CRXloon
09-29-2003, 02:54 AM
"Who cares, it was already beaten by ENZO and its not the No.1 Supercar anymore. I've completely lost my respect towards Laborghini! :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin"

I'm sure they'll be devastated to hear that...(not)...

"Funny how some people only seem to rate a car by its top speed. I find that so sad..."

Agreed, schoolboy dreamers, with too many Athena posters, (remember them?), on their walls...

All-round real-world ability of any (road) car is of the greatest importance: if you're a poseur, looks are paramount. However, i would concede there are a few cars in history that have achieved both, (and i DO mean a FEW, the Diablo 6.0 for example, in my opinion).

A good race cars' primary function is to go round a circuit faster, (& more reliably) than its' competitors: looks are secondary. The only cars to have ever achieved both, are even fewer; for example the Ferrari 250GTO and Mclaren F1LM.

That's clearly why the R-GTs' looks are compromised by its' purpose...

Thank you, and Goodnight...(sound of stepping down from soap box)

Add your comment to this topic!