Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what type of engine should i choose??????

HEVY_HITTER
09-08-2003, 09:37 PM
im about to start a project..... 98 civic 2 door and i was wondering what type engine i should put in......could you guys give me some suggestions about what i should do based on experience or stories youve heard.........

Thanks,
Gaston :grinyes:

S13GTR
09-08-2003, 10:54 PM
you speek of later on and the h22 is going to have the highest potental for sereous power.

Plus I ran 12's with a bone stock one in my old hatch.

eg6er
09-11-2003, 08:55 PM
how many liters does an ls v-tec have?

Ricochet
09-11-2003, 10:53 PM
how many liters does an ls v-tec have?
With stock LS pistons kept in the swap, 1.8 litres.

Ricochet
09-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Oh and about the engine, the Turbo B20/Vtec Will destroy anything, and still provide descent handling that the heavy H22 rapes you of.

eg6er
09-12-2003, 10:32 AM
interesting... ok now between a b20 and a k20 whats the big difference aside from ivtec? and also which is better...

eg6er
09-12-2003, 12:39 PM
so in your professional opinion b20 is tha way to go? cuz i mean an h22 sounds so tempting. dropping a b20 in a hatch... what kind of modifications are going to be mandatory during tha process??

Ricochet
09-12-2003, 01:57 PM
You will see just about the same numbers from both until you turbocharge them. The hybrid swap will be a little harder because you'll have to dig for the crv block and b16 head, then get them put together BY A MECHANIC because you're a novice. No offense. For starters you will need new motor mounts (www.hasport.com), which aren't cheap, to fit it under your hood. After that I really don't have a professional opinion because I've never done this, but I know getting the head/block together isn't like connecting two duplo blocks and turning the key... If you're going all motor, get the H22. If you're going forced induction, the low compression B20 would dominate (if you have the money, and a second car to drive because it's not exactly an afternoon stereo install).

boosted331
09-14-2003, 11:15 AM
you speek of later on and the h22 is going to have the highest potental for sereous power.

Plus I ran 12's with a bone stock one in my old hatch.

Especially with that worse flowing head, the need to sleeve to run aftermarket pistons, the tranny that doesn't like to shift @ high RPM's, or the pain in the ass to get a turbo H22A into a civic.

B18C1 for sure. Toss an inlinepro 3mm HG on there, and have fun with lots of boost without the weak weak sleeves the B20 gives you.

chechin
09-15-2003, 04:14 PM
im about to start a project..... 98 civic 2 door and i was wondering what type engine i should put in......could you guys give me some suggestions about what i should do based on experience or stories youve heard.........

Thanks,
Gaston :grinyes:

hey man, you ask for opinions but you never told us what is your goal in your car: drag racing, street legal, drifting...personally the swap decision is strongly based on the application you want.

Add your comment to this topic!