roadster problems?

hiphophomer
09-08-2003, 09:51 PM
i wanted to ask i was just curious is ther ever a problem with the roadster top???like leaking not opening..etc.?is there any?did any one ever have a problem?
thanks for your responds :smile:

hiphophomer
09-08-2003, 09:52 PM
and also how does it work?like how it opens???and closes???

lambo_VT
09-08-2003, 10:55 PM
how does it work?like how it opens???and closes???

hey homer,

well the top is kinda complicated even though it doesn't seem like it. the top of the car is made from carbon fiber and at the front you have two aircraft style latches one on each corner, while in the rear there are two pins that stick down from the top to put the top on you simply slide the front part of the top into the front top edge of the windshield then you align the rear pins so they drop into a holes on the top role bar. when the top is sitting on the car you slip inside and there are two levers on each side of the car behind the seats and those pins I was talking about have to be at just the right height so the lever can latch on to them, that alone is always a big problem for me and because of that it takes me about 20mins to get it on right once those are on though you just flip the front latches and away you go...As for leaking I've never had it leak on me before but each car is different so it might have on others...

I hope this might have helped!

AR

hiphophomer
09-11-2003, 08:34 PM
hey homer,

well the top is kinda complicated even though it doesn't seem like it. the top of the car is made from carbon fiber and at the front you have two aircraft style latches one on each corner, while in the rear there are two pins that stick down from the top to put the top on you simply slide the front part of the top into the front top edge of the windshield then you align the rear pins so they drop into a holes on the top role bar. when the top is sitting on the car you slip inside and there are two levers on each side of the car behind the seats and those pins I was talking about have to be at just the right height so the lever can latch on to them, that alone is always a big problem for me and because of that it takes me about 20mins to get it on right once those are on though you just flip the front latches and away you go...As for leaking I've never had it leak on me before but each car is different so it might have on others...

I hope this might have helped!

AR
uhmmm im confuzed :frown: can u show some pics so i can know how they look like please?

Menu dei Motori
09-14-2003, 07:23 AM
send a PM to Jabba :licka:

MeanRex7
09-15-2003, 12:58 AM
I saw it at a local exotic dealership the other day on a 99 VT Roadster

There are 2 little rods coming out at each side of the front of the top, you slip those into these holes on the top of the windsheild frame.
Then there is a little latch at the back of the car, it looks sorta complicated, it swings, and theres some little snap button (like on jackets), and it basically hooks on the back like that. I saw some holes in the top of the car right behind the passenger compartment for the roof, but am not sure what those do.
It sounds just like that guy described it, a pain in the ass.

hiphophomer
09-15-2003, 08:03 AM
ok, i just sent him a pm :P :smokin: :evillol:

Jabba The Hutt
09-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Its exactly how the others have explained it...I dont think I could put it any better than how they already have....

hiphophomer
09-15-2003, 08:45 AM
thanks jabba...not much help...but,nice to see you any new videos coming up?

Add your comment to this topic!