Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Subaru impreza WRC 2003 ????

darrenj
09-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi has any modell builders released a 2003 Subaru Impreza Rally car (Makkinen/Solberg)
I just love the looks of it....very mean
and doing well this year

sti wrx
09-08-2003, 09:39 PM
I too have been waiting for somebody to release this model, I love it

freakray
09-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Add my name to the list of people waiting for this car to be released as a 1/24 scale kit (it is available in 1/43).

I am hoping that Petter's win on this last weekend's rally will convince Tamiya that they need to release it, they released a '2002' for the sake of selling some more kits so why can't they release a 2003, especially considering the whole new shape :evillol:

doraemon
09-09-2003, 03:39 AM
I've build 99 WRC and now I'm gonna change to street one (decal and paint problems due to... less experience lol ) I have waiting for me a '02 model, but...... the one that I like more is the last one! is awasome, I love the front light, they remember skyline ones :tongue: I'm sure that tamiya will release this model, dunno if soon or not, maybe anyone knows something about this model... anyone????

Martbee
09-09-2003, 05:47 AM
Tamiya has to do this one... in 2002 they made the Mitsu, the Sub, the Pug. For 2003, they paint this pug in red and changed the tail spoiler, the Mitsu don't have much changes so there's a little work to do on this Sub but I think a nice touch would be a Sub WRC with a real motor... to go with the Subaru mecanics they just released !!

Sweet idea ?! Isn't it?

doraemon
09-09-2003, 06:25 AM
Yes, it should be really nice if tamiya place detailed engine in almost everycar, but... it seems that they only do this in the gt's no wrc, its a shame, but I'm sure that at least tamiya will release the subaru '03 soon :grinyes:

exhaust smoke
09-09-2003, 06:43 AM
Tamiya might surprise us and release this one. They've still got the Subaru licence (as far as I know), so they should make use of it. Let's hope!!

freakray
09-09-2003, 06:49 AM
Tamiya has to do this one... in 2002 they made the Mitsu, the Sub, the Pug. For 2003, they paint this pug in red and changed the tail spoiler, the Mitsu don't have much changes so there's a little work to do on this Sub but I think a nice touch would be a Sub WRC with a real motor... to go with the Subaru mecanics they just released !!

Sweet idea ?! Isn't it?

Tamiya did not change the spoiler, they used the same spoiler that was in the 2002 'winner' New Zealand kit, this spoiler is incorrect for both the NZ rally and the 2003 Monte Carlo rally.
Actually, all Tamiya did was take the spoiler from the 2002 Tour de Corse 206 kit and add the vertical fins to make it look more correct, it isnt though, the overall shape of the spoiler is completely wrong.
I don't know what you're talking about with a 2003 Mitsu since Mitsu didn't compete in 2003 and nobody has seen their 2004 car.

Martbee
09-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Silly me... the Mitsu. is running in Canada... not WRC ! No changes though, the exact replica but with different colors.

For the Pug... I really tough they changed that tail spoiler... it a shamed they didn't. I had no idea.

But I stand by my opinion, they should do the Sub. 2003 wih a real motor.... it'd be so nice.

Add your comment to this topic!