Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quick spray paint question

theT
09-08-2003, 03:15 PM
i am using tamiya spray paint for my model car bodies and i was wondering if u spray the length of the car (a few long passes of the can because u are going from bumper to bumper) or the width of the car (many passes of the can because u are going, say, door to door)?

thanks

theT

NortherntoucH
09-08-2003, 06:10 PM
i go the length of the car... it's just easier for me, and you cover more space.

Midnight Racer
09-08-2003, 06:23 PM
i go the length of the car... it's just easier for me, and you cover more space.

Same here.

theT
09-08-2003, 06:42 PM
thanks alot guys, spraypainting has given me alot of problems (i used to spray width!) but with the tips u have given me i think i can improve my finish.

thanks for the help

theT

freakray
09-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Primera Man wrote a tutorial on spraying, if it's not in the FAQ it will be in the How To thread.

Tea
09-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Doesn't really matter to me

You may want to try to lay the body on an used can or anything like a block with a heavy base

then you can rotate the car to paint the areas needing more paint without touching the body

no matter which direction

try to paint the car from bottom up

one can easily get too much paint around roof, hood and trunk areas and too little around the doors(esp. around sideskirts) front/rear bumpers

theT
09-09-2003, 02:51 PM
thanks for the tips tea, i'll defintely try some of your methods!!!

thanks

theT

Add your comment to this topic!