Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NE1 that has built the Fujimi Porsche 928, I need a suggestion

73superduty
09-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Well, the car is almost finished with exception to the headlight install. I didn't want to put those tacky body covers over the headlights as I wanted a nice real looking 928 for display.

The problem comes with the fact that the lights do not fit into the holes at all, no stops or what have you.
My question is can I scotch tape them where I need them and use som putty to hold them in place? I've thought about some styrene too, but I have never tried that on any kits yet. I'm kinda hoping the putty will hold them in for awhile.

Any suggestions?
Thanks gang!
Chris

mel79
09-08-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but my kit had parts which were put under the bonner to block the headlight holes and then the headlight lenses were put on these parts. Basically you can make the same by glueing the holes shut from underneath with pieces of plastic card. Putty may affect the clear parts, so test it at least somewhere before putting it near the lenses.

-Mikko

73superduty
09-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Mikko, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure if this kit is different from the first issued kit. This is the GT kit with very few parts. In fact it didn't come with any directions to glue headlights in, only the covers as you see in my sig.
I like your suggestion and think I will try that.
Thanks!
Chris

73superduty
09-10-2003, 01:57 AM
Well, I had to use putty to get thim in. It worked well. Thanks for the tip.
Chris

Add your comment to this topic!