Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rhd Eb110 Ss

KoenigseggCC
09-07-2003, 01:39 PM
I found this photo on the net, it seems to show a RHD Bugatti (Dauer) EB110 SS.

I'm 100% sure the photo isn't reversed, the pedals are in the right positions, and the "EB" badge is the right way on the steering wheel, the speed gauge goes round the right way and you can just see the last couple of letters of "Supersport" on the side of it. there is also a blue 110 in the background :)

All the information I've read said that they only made them in LHD, so was this just a one off made by Dauer? :confused:

'Segg :cool:

farbod
09-07-2003, 03:27 PM
how peculiar i dont think it is

klohiq
02-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I've always loved the EB110...even with the new veyron out I still like the old quad turbo EB110 :)

basman007
06-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Can you repost the image? It doesnt work anymore :(

I know of at least 1 RHD EB110SS...

blingboy69
06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
yes pleaz repost the image. thanks

FOX1
11-25-2007, 04:05 AM
The RHD SuperSport, which is in reality a GT converted to SS, has been made by Lotus Engineering. At that time, Bugatti was owning Lotus. It was an exercise for understanding how difficult it was to have the RHD for the UK, Japan, Singapore markets.
Dauer never made any RHD. He repaired it after B.Engineering sold it to UK, but the car was not running well. The owner sent it then to Nurnberg to find out which kind of flop he bought.
For your knowledge.....the real...true SS have the upper part of the side windows in LEXAN. The glass one are all GT. The turbos shall be ball bearing with air restrictors. Other wise they are GT. The chassis N° of a SS is ZA9CBB.........a GT is ZA9CAB......... and the right place to check it is under the passenger seat.
I have been working in Campogalliano from the second day to the last.
Ciao

basman007
11-25-2007, 04:11 AM
The RHD SuperSport, which is in reality a GT converted to SS, has been made by Lotus Engineering. At that time, Bugatti was owning Lotus. It was an exercise for understanding how difficult it was to have the RHD for the UK, Japan, Singapore markets.
Dauer never made any RHD. He repaired it after B.Engineering sold it to UK, but the car was not running well. The owner sent it then to Nurnberg to find out which kind of flop he bought.
For your knowledge.....the real...true SS have the upper part of the side windows in LEXAN. The glass one are all GT. The turbos shall be ball bearing with air restrictors. Other wise they are GT. The chassis N° of a SS is ZA9CBB.........a GT is ZA9CAB......... and the right place to check it is under the passenger seat.
I have been working in Campogalliano from the second day to the last.
Ciao

Interesting, thanks!
Do you know what owners this car (chassis 55?) had?

FOX1
11-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Interesting, thanks!
Do you know what owners this car (chassis 55?) had?

My records are telling that this is the chassis N° 008 - Any owner...it was a test car of the development dept.
Ciao

basman007
11-25-2007, 05:49 AM
My records are telling that this is the chassis N° 008 - Any owner...it was a test car of the development dept.
Ciao

It's 008? Hmm, oke. Was it a test project for the Sultan of Brunei?

FOX1
11-25-2007, 08:12 AM
It's 008? Hmm, oke. Was it a test project for the Sultan of Brunei?

I do not think so. He got his 4 cars as he wished to have.
The chassis has been designed as a LHD. It was just a try to see the impacts in terms of money to build the RHD.
After that the EB112 and the Eb114 has been designed in order to change only marginal parts. Joffrey got the cars and he never used them. After a while he was already in troubles. He got 7 Dauer 962 and he paid only 4. This was the start of Dauer's decline.
Regards
Wanni

Add your comment to this topic!