Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

All Motor Engine vs FI

94blklighting
09-05-2003, 08:22 PM
OK here is the question and i know it more of what you want to do but i have to ask.
Can an all motor Integra gsr or type r beat a boosted integra ?
I am really looking for an all motor integra but worried about the hp number that can be put up with this. I know the FI can put up big numbers really easy and the all motor cost lots of money. I got the time to build a all motor teg but would like to have some good hp gains.

whtteg
09-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Well I have seen some gsr's with the basic bolt ons and cams and 11:1 compression etc... and dyno around 220hp at the wheels and I have seen boosted ls's put down 230-250 hp at the wheels on stock internals. So I would have to say the boosted teg is going to be faster unless you build the N/A motor until it is almost unpractical to drive every day.

PWMAN
09-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Well I have seen some gsr's with the basic bolt ons and cams and 11:1 compression etc... and dyno around 220hp at the wheels and I have seen boosted ls's put down 230-250 hp at the wheels on stock internals. So I would have to say the boosted teg is going to be faster unless you build the N/A motor until it is almost unpractical to drive every day.
I agree. Turbo LS is the way to go. N/A just costs too much for tiny gains. All-motor is nice because you don't have to wait for the turbo to spool, I hate turbo lag. But the turbo just gives so much more than you can do with N/A engines.

THE4TH
09-07-2003, 11:58 PM
personally i like the n/a engine setup.. althought i drive a turbo a4.. lol
but i would prefer a highly tuned 12k redline than boost.. i know it's not much power and it costs a load and a half.. but i like the natural feel to it.. but for pure ass kickin it's a boostin you will go ..

tran_nsx
09-12-2003, 09:39 PM
all motor is sweet but it takes a lot of work and the price is hefty. my preference though is turbo, it will cost a bit because u have to upgrade oem parts like axles, brake rotors, and fuel managment which most don't think about. but just having the intercooler peaking out in front will make most cringe and hide in fear.

superbluecivicsi
09-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Go boost. N/A is not a bad way to go if your not power hungry. but boost will yield more satifying results.

here is a site, check out the ones that apply to you. especially the N/A section.

http://customimport.simplisticmedia.com/Upgrade/hondafaq2.html#7.1

Add your comment to this topic!