Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pioneer DEH-P3500

DragginWagon
09-04-2003, 11:18 PM
I just bought a Pioneer DEH-P3500 stereo for my car, to replace my (2nd) "XtremeSound" MP3 Flip-Face HU from Wal*Mart. The XS died, so I upgraded to the Pioneer. My question is, does the stereo make a motorized antenna go up all the time, regardless of whether you're listening to the radio or not? My old HU did that, and it was annoying, and I feel it to be unsafe. So, does it? Thanks guys.

BigDanTheMan
09-05-2003, 01:14 PM
it probably will, most aftermarket decks just bring up the arial automatically when they get power, not when you only turn on the radio. This is unfortunate, i agree.

DragginWagon
09-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Damnit...I guess I'll be wiring up a switch to it then.

BigDanTheMan
09-06-2003, 01:33 AM
yea, well that shit's tighter anyways. everyone likes switches.

DragginWagon
09-06-2003, 08:22 PM
yea, well that shit's tighter anyways. everyone likes switches.

Heh...I'm gonna hide the switch though, in the back of the pocket below the HU. Just gotta figure out what kind of switch I wanna use.

PaulD
09-07-2003, 07:19 PM
the auto-antenna wire will raise and lower the antenna when the RADIO is turned on. If you wire it to the auto turn-on that you use for your amps, it will go up the whole time the head unit is on.

DragginWagon
09-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Looking at the wiring harness from the Pioneer, the only blue wire I have is labeled "SYSTEM REMOTE CONTROL" and convienently has a weather resistent female 1/4" spade terminal on it. The instructions read to hook it up to your amp (which I don't have right now) and your power antenna (which I have) together. It's blue with a white line. Do you mean that the Pioneer unit will not put the antenna up all the time then? Thanks man.

BigDanTheMan
09-07-2003, 08:00 PM
paul is absolutly correct, but your model does not have an antenna lead.

DragginWagon
09-07-2003, 08:03 PM
so a switch would still be in order, right?

BigDanTheMan
09-07-2003, 11:07 PM
that's what i'm thinking, unless you want to get a different head unit/are ok with putting up with the ariel being up all the time.

DragginWagon
09-07-2003, 11:19 PM
This is my fourth head unit, and I have no intention of getting another just cause it doesn't have seperate amp and antenna leads. I've been through the stock tape deck (volume control fubbed up), one XS MP3 unit (blew it with amp feedback), another XS MP3 unit (complementary replacement, no sound output after 3 months), and now I'm on this fourth one, the Pioneer DEH-P3500. And I like it. If I wanna get another head unit, I'll definitely be gettin a DVD deck and a few screens. Peace.

Add your comment to this topic!