Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi NSX (not type R) notes

Jay!
09-04-2003, 04:56 PM
I got my Fujimi NSX and NSX-R kits in the mail yesterday! :) (No pics yet, camera's back at parents' house. :( )

First, I'd like to point out that Fujimi copied me, and used the same photo for the box art that I did months ago. ;) :p
http://www.automotiveforums.com/uploads/33031424100box.jpg

Also, I think I spotted it when Veyron posted his NSX-R review, but it's very easy to see the variations Fujimi has planned. The NSX and NSX-R are already out, with a bumper-hood-wing-interior variation, but you can see on both bodies where the etching lines are to cut out the roof for the NSX-T (already announced) and the decal sheet includes a "Type S" badge with no mention of where to apply it... So expect to see a NSX-S kit soon after that?

Another thing: on the box, it labels the NSX as LA-NA1/LA-NA2. These are the two chassis codes for the available NSXs; the difference between the two being either a 3.0l V6 w/ 4AT or 3.2l V6 w/ 6MT. To my surprise, Fujimi included parts to build either an auto or manual NSX, and called it all out correctly in the instructions! :D This is the first model I've built... that I remember... that has and auto tranny, much less the option of an auto tranny!! :D

Overall: Good work Fujimi!! :thumbsup:

SpoonMan Dos
09-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be building an '03 Drag NSX.

fairladyz_gt-r
09-05-2003, 03:50 AM
well sound like time for shopping again :grinyes:

Rtuned
09-05-2003, 03:17 PM
Great kit you got there...but take this tips.

Beware the fitting of windows. :mad: Fitting problem. I know because I've already done the NSX-R. Will post some pict in coming new thread soon.

Rtuned

flyonthewall
09-05-2003, 05:50 PM
What do u think to how they have done the headlights? I thought they've done them very poorly but i like the nit nevertheless.

Rtuned
09-06-2003, 01:17 PM
What do u think to how they have done the headlights? I thought they've done them very poorly but i like the nit nevertheless.

Those mold line on that headlight is killing me...but overall, it's still acceptable. As for the signal light, you have to paint on it like Fujimi MR-S... :mad:

I take some pict tomorrow. Btw, the rear light...instruction ask you to cut the center part! Remember to use plastic card to cover it...it can be seen through... Damn, What is fujimi doing? Trying to cut down cost, but wanted to follow Tamiya Modena window, but lot's of fitting problem, and the engine...is wrong. :screwy: That engine is old NSX engine.

Rtuned :disappoin :icon16:

larrygre
09-09-2003, 09:55 AM
I got my Fujimi NSX and NSX-R kits in the mail yesterday! :) (No pics yet, camera's back at parents' house. :( )

First, I'd like to point out that Fujimi copied me, and used the same photo for the box art that I did months ago. ;) :p
http://www.automotiveforums.com/uploads/33031424100box.jpg

Also, I think I spotted it when Veyron posted his NSX-R review, but it's very easy to see the variations Fujimi has planned. The NSX and NSX-R are already out, with a bumper-hood-wing-interior variation, but you can see on both bodies where the etching lines are to cut out the roof for the NSX-T (already announced) and the decal sheet includes a "Type S" badge with no mention of where to apply it... So expect to see a NSX-S kit soon after that?

Another thing: on the box, it labels the NSX as LA-NA1/LA-NA2. These are the two chassis codes for the available NSXs; the difference between the two being either a 3.0l V6 w/ 4AT or 3.2l V6 w/ 6MT. To my surprise, Fujimi included parts to build either an auto or manual NSX, and called it all out correctly in the instructions! :D This is the first model I've built... that I remember... that has and auto tranny, much less the option of an auto tranny!! :D

Overall: Good work Fujimi!! :thumbsup:

Jay, I have to agree. Fujimi did a good job on the NSXs. I still believe that they should spend the extra yen and do both RHD and LHD dashboards the way they used to, though. At least that way they cover all the bases, so to speak.

And...let's hope they do the newer wheels in the NSX-T.:)

Jay!
09-10-2003, 03:04 PM
And...let's hope they do the newer wheels in the NSX-T.:)Newer wheels? :confused:

Add your comment to this topic!