Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

paint mismatch after hail damage repair

star5
09-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Dear all,

I am reporting a bad experience and ask if you have any idea that can help me.

I just got my perl white Lexus LS400 back from Service King body shop, (the top, hood and maybe back cover were replaced) and they repainted the body they replaced.

I noticed that the color of front/rear bumper and two mirrors as well as the holder (the place where you open the door) are darker or say more perl (a little yellow) than the area they painted. It is not great difference, but it is something you can easily tell. The new color is more white and less perl, almost like a super white.

The body shop told me it is a customized color job, they do it according to manufactur code, it is normal the color is not the same as my previous one, they even want to show me on a brand new car, the bumper color may look different than the part that made from metal.

Interestingly, it is hard for me to tell the difference in the new car they were trying to point out. But it seems a little bit hard for them with 20 years experience to tell the difference that I can tell easily.

Now they are saying the insurance won't pay for painting of the plastic part (bumpers, mirrow), and they won't do it unless they got paid.

What can I do at this point? I am planning to go to lexus dealing to find out if this new color they put on is white or perl white, I can easily tell the difference when two car park together. But kind of worried that I will be told what I got is quite reasonable.

You idea is appreciated.

star5

freakray
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Wrong forum :dunno:

Jay!
09-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Wrong forum :dunno:Moved to Lexus forum.

Add your comment to this topic!