Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Muscle Car Song

Musclecarclub
09-03-2003, 05:10 PM
What do you think was the best Muscle Car song? If you need some help jogging your memory, follow this link:

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/general/musclecars-songs.shtml

By the way, the new Chevy Impala commercial has "409" playing in the background. The problem is that the new Impala does not have a 409. Hell, it doesn't even have a V8!

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-03-2003, 09:01 PM
By the way, the new Chevy Impala commercial has "409" playing in the background. The problem is that the new Impala does not have a 409. Hell, it doesn't even have a V8!

:grinyes: I think that same thing every time I see that commercial. It was very misleading of Chevy to do that...

Anyway, the best muscle car song has to be Little GTO by the Beach Boys.

galaxie500fb
09-03-2003, 10:11 PM
I`ll go with "rev on the redline" by foreigner.

-The Stig-
09-04-2003, 12:09 AM
As much as I like the oldies and the old muscle car songs...

I think the best muscle car song to date has to be Fuel by Metallica.

If you've seen the Video, you'll understand. Its just muscle cars street racing. I mean... it starts off with a burn out... How can you top that? And on top of that, they dont show the band that much... just cars flying down the road.

Its deffinately good shit. Highly recommened even if you dont like 'heavy metal' its a good video to watch. :ylsuper:

samandiar
09-04-2003, 12:40 AM
I personally prefer "Highway Star" by Deep Purple, or perhaps "Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody. Neither song is strictly muscle car related, but they are great driving songs. I'm definitely gonna check out that Metallica video, good stuff

Musclecarclub
09-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Some good choices. Keep them coming.

GTStang
09-29-2003, 05:17 AM
"Hey, Lil Cobra"-Ripchords

galaxie500fb
09-29-2003, 06:28 PM
I don`t know if it`s a muscle tune or not but i like radar love.

Musclecarclub
09-30-2003, 03:48 AM
"Radar Love" - I would count that. Definitely a good driving song.

TorinoGT69
09-30-2003, 07:54 AM
Dead Man's Curve - Jan and Dean

tc3
10-07-2003, 08:56 AM
my mighty gto - jan and dean ( i think that was it )

Tomsriv
11-20-2003, 12:23 AM
As much as I like the oldies and the old muscle car songs...

I think the best muscle car song to date has to be Fuel by Metallica.

If you've seen the Video, you'll understand. Its just muscle cars street racing. I mean... it starts off with a burn out... How can you top that? And on top of that, they dont show the band that much... just cars flying down the road.

Its deffinately good shit. Highly recommened even if you dont like 'heavy metal' its a good video to watch. :ylsuper:

Yeah, but the fact that they trashed a Nova in the end made me lose a lot of respect for them. I think it was a 73 Nova. That was an ugly year, but none the less they shouldn't be doing that if they love muscle cars.

I would vote for "Shut Down" by the Beach Boys as my all time favorite (even though I think the 413 would have won) . I also like "Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody and "The Scavenger" by Dick Dale.

Musclecarclub
11-20-2003, 01:47 AM
Just heard "Dead Man's Curve" on the oldies station last week. Great song.

Purpura Delujo
11-24-2003, 06:21 AM
Yep, Fuel is an awesome song! It gets my vote, would be awesome music to let some stress out to.

lagwagon
03-17-2004, 04:50 AM
This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but try Reverend Horton heat. He has two good songs. Suicide Doors, and Fucked up ford. I think they are great for all muscle car fans.

MagicRat
03-17-2004, 06:39 PM
One for my favourites is 'Im in love with my car" by Queen. Not really a 'muscle car ' song but it's relevant to all enthusiasts.

b4mytm
03-17-2004, 09:43 PM
So many songs that I love.
Some have been mentioned already,but,

Dead Man's Curve
Shut Down
Little GTO
SS 396
Fuel...definately a cool video!!
Little Old Lady From Pasedena

challenger72rt
03-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Radar Love has to be the best, along with I can't drive 55, but I have to admit that I like Hot Love by...yes..Twisted Sister. When I saw the video on MTV in '88, it's all about street racing, and the two 'Star Cars' are a GTO convert and a Stingray. Not too bad, and it was after the sissy make-up phaze of the band, too, so it has that going for it.

Highway Star is a good one, too

-Josh-
03-31-2004, 08:08 AM
No one has mentioned the Sammy Hagar song Can't Drive 55, i know when i'm in the 79' Camaro i find it very hard to. And if that song is on, forget about it. :biggrin:

DukeGirl01
03-31-2004, 12:45 PM
Some of my faves are:

Fuel- I got it burned on 3 or 4 different CDs
Mustang Sally
Low Rider
Little Deuce Coupe
Little Old Lady From Pasadena
Chicks And Cars
Gonna Buy Me A Mercury

I know there's a lot more, just can't think of any at the moment :)

Plus I wasn't alive when most of the songs came out lol but I still listen to them! :)

kratefan
03-31-2004, 09:51 PM
I've got a CD called Hot Rod Hits. Way cool. My favorite is "Hey Little Cobra". I remember being in 1st grade and hearing it. My dad found a Cobra for sale near our house and I got to see it. WOW. If I'm not mistaken, it was written by Carol Conner who also assisted on the "Rocky" theme. I've also heard songs like "Bitchin' Camaro" and I have a copy (somewhere) of "My Damn Trans Am". Considering I STILL want a Cobra, I have to go with "Hey Little Cobra" by the Rip Chords. I have one of the original 45's.
Jeff
PS for the younger people, these were single songs that were recorded on vinyl.:rofl:

65Ponchoboy
04-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Panama-Van Halen
Shut Down-Ronnie and The Daytonas
Sammy Hagar-I cant drive 55

DukeGirl01
04-02-2004, 11:06 AM
What's Vinyl???? lol j/k I know what it is, just wasn't around to hear/see/touch them

Bob Ash
04-02-2004, 05:48 PM
All the old Beach Boys and Jan&Dean songs are cool. But my favourite is Bruce Springsteen's "Racing In The Streets":

"... some guys they just give up living
and start dying little by little, piece by pice
some guys come home from work and wash up
and go racing in the streets ..."

ain't it what it's all about?

SamBlob
10-16-2004, 12:38 PM
"Little Red Honda" by The Beach Boys :evillol: j/k

MrPbody
10-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Okay, "Little GTO" was by Ronny and the Daytonas. "Shut Down" was the Beach Boys.
I have a real soft spot for "Highway Star" by Deep Purple. Sammy's stuff is ALL great. Don't forget "Trans Am" (from ther sme albumn as "I Can't Drive 55"...

t/a 6.6
08-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Ok ok i will settle the debate, the aboslute best muscle car song is East bound in down (smokey and the bandit)

MagicRat
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Ok ok i will settle the debate, the aboslute best muscle car song is East bound in down (smokey and the bandit)
The debate is almost 2 years old.

If you want to continue this musical interlude, please start a new thread.
Resurrecting ancient threads is discouraged here at AF and only serves to annoy people.

Thread closed.

Add your comment to this topic!