Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Skunk2 cams VS. CTR cams...

Sh4rky
12-02-2001, 02:07 PM
Do you know how much more powerful are the Skunk2 cams versus the Civic Type-R ones? Is it really woth it getting both the intake and exhaust, or are the exhaust cam gains not substantial at all?

Thanks,
Sh4rky

JD@af
12-03-2001, 11:35 AM
That really depends on your application. What have you done to your car (any power adders), and what do you plan to do? This will determine which route to go in terms of camshafts.

drift
12-03-2001, 01:24 PM
if you're going for cams, i highly recommend Toda over all of the others. Todas use a hollow core camshaft, reducing valvetrain weight, thus increasing engine responsiveness due to lessening overall rotational weight.

the Skunk2 and CTR,ITR cams are only going to take you so far, since even the Skunk2 cams are merely an ITR profile. if you're gonna go cams, you may as well go with the highest performanc you can go for maximum power, but sacrifice only to maintain a smooth idle and/or low end responsiveness.

got v-tec?
02-12-2004, 09:48 PM
That really depends on your application. What have you done to your car (any power adders), and what do you plan to do? This will determine which route to go in terms of camshafts.
im bringing back an old post because it is know time for me to get cams and its my turn know witch ones to get. im debating over toda, ctr, or skunk2 all stage 1. im panning on useing n20. and wondering what would be the biggest gain on my engine. also ive heard a 75'shot n20 is the most you want to spray on a gsr(stock internals) so if i got new cams and was spraying 75' WOULDNT THat be a little to stressful on my pistons?

whtteg
02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
I have heard more good things about the Toda's but I have no experiance with the VTEC cams.

got v-tec?
02-13-2004, 12:44 PM
but if i do get cams and im sprayin, dont you think it will be to stressful on my pistons??

whtteg
02-13-2004, 04:24 PM
but if i do get cams and im sprayin, dont you think it will be to stressful on my pistons??

No the cams will not put extra stress on your pistons. You will be fine with the N20 the only thing I would worru about it loosing soem of the N20 out the exhaust b/c of the greater overlap you will have.

aznboi4lyfe
02-13-2004, 08:07 PM
wut do vtec cams do?? make vtec pull more?? wuts the best cam to get and the cost? how many cams do u need in a car =] noob..<<<where can i find infos about cams and pistons and internals? again...noob <<<

Poison Rice
02-13-2004, 10:21 PM
howstuffworks.com

type in engine in the search. Also look up turbos and nitrous...and transmition....and any car stuff.

got v-tec?
02-14-2004, 07:11 PM
No the cams will not put extra stress on your pistons. You will be fine with the N20 the only thing I would worru about it loosing soem of the N20 out the exhaust b/c of the greater overlap you will have.
really?? so like a 75shot would be like a 70,65SHOT?
and also does anybody know a website with the cheapest deal on skunk2 stage1 94-01 gsr cams. and plz dont say ebay there never there but will keep looking. the cheapest ive found so far is $780 and the most expensive was from skunk2.com for 850. Plz help! im ready to buy and install.

whtteg
02-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Try looking at www.groupbuycenter.com (http://www.groupbuycenter.com) some times they have a group buy on them there.

got v-tec?
02-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Try looking at www.groupbuycenter.com (http://www.groupbuycenter.com) some times they have a group buy on them there.
so thats where you got your (search) picture

whtteg
02-14-2004, 10:43 PM
so thats where you got your (search) picture

?????????

got v-tec?
02-14-2004, 11:44 PM
theres a page on groupbuycenter that has a magnafind glass going back and fourth over the word (search.)

whtteg
02-15-2004, 07:41 PM
theres a page on groupbuycenter that has a magnafind glass going back and fourth over the word (search.)

Really? haha thst is not where I got it though, I googled it :p

Add your comment to this topic!