Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'93 Grand AM SE.......NEED HELP!!!!

shady03
09-02-2003, 11:07 PM
ok i have a '93 Grand AM SE with a 3300 v6 engine...well i just moved into college and the drive down here (about 3 1/2 hours) went very smoothly. well i left my car set for about 2 or 3 days in the parking lot and tonight i decided to go see a movie. well i start the car up and it starts making a loud knocking/clicking noise. i can even hear this over the radio. so i'm thinking ok this can't be that bad and i take off, well the noise goes away, only to come to a stop sign and have the noise come back. well i pick up my friend and we go see the movie and the car is fine except when i go around 10 mph and come to a complete stop and it starts making that loud knocking/clicking noise, even when i come to a complete stop. so after the movie i drop my friend off and go park the car. well i think to myself it might need some oil. so i check the oil and it looks a little watered down and i need some. so i have the friend take me to walmart and i get some oil and i put 2 things of 10W-30 oil in and the noise is still there. now before i came down to college i had the oil changed and all that good stuff and am wondering since the noise seems to be coming from the right side, if the people at the place that did the oil change didn't get something tightened enough or whats going on, cause it sounds to me like metal hitting metal, but i don't know a lick about cars, so what does everyone think? i need help bad!!!! please!!!!!!! :disappoin :mad: :uhoh: :crying: :banghead: :frown:

shady03
09-04-2003, 03:55 PM
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!! also another note, today i tried stomping on the pedal a couple of times to get the car to jerk and when i did that i heard it click, SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

snipez
09-04-2003, 06:55 PM
i have the same car, lol

might be a loose serpertine belt

your prob sounds fuked up

kevin2811
09-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Had similar sound at idle. Tensioner spring broke causing belt to slip. Belt began to come apart make a loud ticking noise from right side of engine.

Add your comment to this topic!