Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

about getting Sponsored

98-integra
09-02-2003, 09:21 PM
hey i a question about getting sponsored how do you even get sponsored and what is the point. this guy i know said that he is sponsored by some car shop in cailf. and i live in va. but he said that they send he free stuff all the time like his body kit, turbo upgrade (4 his eclipse),rims (racing harts) and coilovers do they really do stuff like that ???

loesch8102
09-02-2003, 10:12 PM
From what I hear, basically your car has to be already hooked up and winning shows, or you really have to know people to get sponsored.

KrNxRaCer00
09-03-2003, 03:43 AM
know people and either have a great looking car that wins at shows (if ur going for that type of sponsorship)

or

run times in ur car that it isn't supposed to run (ie .2-3 seconds faster than stock with a stock car CONSITANTLY)

EDIT: btw, a LOT of the sponsorships go in 1/2 and 1/2 on products (so its not really a full backing by the company), but it still helps a lot and those are much easier to come by.

crxlvr
09-03-2003, 03:25 PM
yes to be sponsered you have to Stand Out from the crowd, either by running quicker or having a well dressed vehicle.

some companies will back 100% to show off their products, but then once that happens, the company requires you goto events and be seen and shit.

esp
09-03-2003, 05:37 PM
yep be careful when agreeing to a sponsership if it is even offered to u, cause most companies will require u to give them ur car so they can take it to a certain amount of shows, like was stated before that sponsership is usually just a price cut for u and then u get the parts. U also have to have a well off car already and be known in the show or the race scene.

98-integra
09-03-2003, 09:50 PM
cool thanks for the info i dont think i will be doing that anytime soon LOL

Add your comment to this topic!