Hennessey Lamborghini Murcielago

blindside.AMG
09-01-2003, 06:52 PM
John Hennessey is stepping up to the plate with this turbo kit for the Murci. If it works and is reliable I think it'll kick ass. 800 HP Murcielago!!! :eek:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/ItemDetail.php?Item_ID=108&cart=tEThqLLv&DoThis=Lamborghini+Murcielago&ActionReq=Where

Pringles
09-01-2003, 07:05 PM
:naughty: .........

Sean
09-01-2003, 07:39 PM
:eek2:

wow... I can't wait to see some performance figures for that!

Pringles
09-02-2003, 02:00 AM
I can't wait to see VIDEOS!!!

raven1822
09-02-2003, 06:38 AM
I wouldn't send my car to Hennessy if he was the last tuner on the face of the earth period. The has been enough financial and customers service issues with this company in the last few years to make Enron look like saints. You can go to any Viper or Vette forum and do a search and BAM you will be shocked at the storys and lawsuits.

Furthermore, most tuners try and concentrate on one or two vehicle formats or brands i.e. Hamman (BMW, Ferrari), Brabus/Startech (MB, Smart, Chrylser), LPE/MTI (LS1, GM). Look at Hennessey, his concentration was Chrysler but now he is doing Jags, Porsche, Benz, Audi, and LAMBORGHINI. Whatever, I would let many people if any modify my Lambo and definitely not his ass. It take years to perfect tuning, customer service, and reliability. I highly doubt that he has perfected tuning of Audi RS6's and Porsch Cayennes. There just too new. I can think other things to do to my ultra expensive toys than to let HPE butcher them, and that is even if they actually do the work.

TexasF355F1
09-03-2003, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't send my car to Hennessy if he was the last tuner on the face of the earth period. The has been enough financial and customers service issues with this company in the last few years to make Enron look like saints. You can go to any Viper or Vette forum and do a search and BAM you will be shocked at the storys and lawsuits.

Furthermore, most tuners try and concentrate on one or two vehicle formats or brands i.e. Hamman (BMW, Ferrari), Brabus/Startech (MB, Smart, Chrylser), LPE/MTI (LS1, GM). Look at Hennessey, his concentration was Chrysler but now he is doing Jags, Porsche, Benz, Audi, and LAMBORGHINI. Whatever, I would let many people if any modify my Lambo and definitely not his ass. It take years to perfect tuning, customer service, and reliability. I highly doubt that he has perfected tuning of Audi RS6's and Porsch Cayennes. There just too new. I can think other things to do to my ultra expensive toys than to let HPE butcher them, and that is even if they actually do the work.
W3RD! Hennessey sucks! There has been so much bad shit written about him. He's on the BBB's bad list. He can't get the work done and have continuous engine problems. Hennessey needs to keep his hands off of the Lambo, all he'll do is fuck it up. Espcially since working on a Murci engine would be way different from a Viper.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
09-03-2003, 10:05 PM
I don't care if Henessey sucks. An twin-turbo 800 HP Murcie has my vote, and I don't care who does the modification. :naughty:

jtrader
09-05-2003, 04:27 AM
there is also gemballa but mostly affolter in switzerland who tunes murci like that and also koenig is working on a twin turbo of 850-900 bhp

i personally called affolter and being that i'm going to buy a murcielago soon, waiting to see roadster version or a se(special edition which will come out in january 2004, as sant' agata factory told me)- they also have spoilers, telecameras to put(to see behing and others)

Menu dei Motori
09-05-2003, 09:07 AM
I can't wait to see VIDEOS!!!

i cannot wait so see the engines blowing up :evillol:

blindside.AMG
09-05-2003, 11:59 PM
i cannot wait so see the engines blowing up :evillol:

C'mon now! If a Viper's engine can handle a 1000 hp a Lamborghini shouldn't have a problem handling 800! :lol2:

Pringles
09-20-2003, 09:14 PM
I don't care if Henessey sucks. An twin-turbo 800 HP Murcie has my vote, and I don't care who does the modification. :naughty:

Even if this is what they do?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=234868

TexasF355F1
09-20-2003, 10:42 PM
All of that is what I've heard and read time and time again. Him selling off parts. Check this out.
http://www.houston.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bureau=hous&compid=54592
Doesn't look too good to me.

Pringles
09-21-2003, 09:03 AM
The tuning industry seems to be riddled with people like this. Feels like you can't trust anybody. :(

hiphophomer
09-21-2003, 06:37 PM
haha this is so funny :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

gthomas1
09-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Here's a better reputable tuner, with alot more experience in exotics
www.koenig-specials.com/lamborghini/lamborghini-diablo.html
Also, the Diablo was capable of handling over 1150 horsepower, but the rest could not.
Turbo's, S/C's were detuned to 800 ponies for reliability.
The Diablo's are capable of handling 1000 horsepower, but you will have major reliability issues.

Pringles
09-21-2003, 11:51 PM
That's lovely, except they are based in Munich. I wonder how much it would cost to ship a car over there (and back) from the US...:eek7:

Still I'm sure a few people would be willing to do this...

hiphophomer
09-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Also, the Diablo was capable of handling over 1150 horsepower, but the rest could not.
The Diablo's are capable of handling 1000 horsepower, but you will have major reliability issues.
what would you need for the 01 diablo to have 800 hp!?,any sites/
companies?

gthomas1
09-22-2003, 10:30 PM
WOOPS. The previous link was for the Diablo.
Koenig will completely rebuild the engine with new parts and add turbo's, etc..
The Murcielago is www.koenig-specials.com/lamborghini/lamborghini-murcielago.html
It is 850 horsepower.
Shipping: I cannot give you a price, but it is not as much as one would assume.
I know someone who shipped his Viper to Greece, just got back, could ask him whom he used and cost, for estimation if wanted.

hiphophomer
09-24-2003, 12:14 PM
do they have a better one for the 6.0 because i think thats the older diablo upgrade :crying:

hiphophomer
09-24-2003, 12:16 PM
is that twin supercharfer thing a twinturbo charger, or a twin turbocharged engine???

gthomas1
09-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Cannot answer about the old vs. 6.0.
It was developed and available in 1998/9, I've seen some twin turbo's that was told they were pushing 850 hp, maybe that would be why. I don't remember the year, though.
Twinturbo chargers and twinturbo charged, are the same thing.
Centrifigal superchargers and turbochargers are similar, except the centrifigal s/c is belt driven, while turbo's are exhaust driven.
Roots style superchargers sit on the engine, are part of the intake manifold, Ford Lightning.
Koenig uses turbo's. Those are turbos. He builds twin turbo systems.

hiphophomer
09-25-2003, 05:39 PM
i know, but the thing he has that he is selling....is it a twin turbo charger, or an whole engine with the twin turbocharger :confused:

gthomas1
09-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Engine is yanked out, and completely rebuilt, and two turbo's with coolers, etc., added.

y11ut
09-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Even if this is what they do?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=234868

I'd put a bullet in henneseys kneecap. Then I promise to fix his other knee if my money & car were not returned pronto.......

142,000 for this

Well Bill, my friend did indeed return to visit John just a few days ago
and found that NOT A SINGLE THING had changed or had been completed. My
car continues to sit in the corner of John's shop where it collects
dust. The wheels are still missing, the hood is still missing, and the
engine is yanked but as yet remains unmodified.

hiphophomer
09-25-2003, 10:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHH THATS SO FUNNY ALL THAT MISSING!!!!!!!!!! :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27:

kidstuff
10-16-2003, 09:22 PM
we could do a kit thats half that price. all nessesary engine upgrades. turbos and accessories. we are not henessey of course but we do very quality work for a fraction of the price.

we did one of the twin turbo lambos featured in the gumball rally last year. we dynoed at 550 rwhp with the lambo v8.

Sean
10-17-2003, 08:07 PM
we did one of the twin turbo lambos featured in the gumball rally last year. we dynoed at 550 rwhp with the lambo v8.

Was that the Jalpa?

kidstuff
10-17-2003, 11:15 PM
yeah it was the jalpa

Guyanson_Mendiola
10-23-2003, 03:07 AM
800 HP :eek:

Add your comment to this topic!