Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Different 19 inch wheels

Andy Jones
09-01-2003, 02:09 PM
My latest project is a veilside S14 Silvia and I've been scratching around trying to find a different set of wheels for it - don't ask about the wheels that come with the kit !. Anyway I had an old set of Aoshima 19 rims spare and if you cut off the front of the rim you can then (after a bit of sanding downthe inside of the rim) use it to size up smaller rims to 19 per the attached which are left to right :
Aoshima Exclusive Matrasse, unknown Pegasus hobbies,Aoshima aidrug C (?), unknown Fujimi (I think they were in a Merc a class kit).
Just thought I'd share the idea with you - sorry if you've already thought of it. You may find you need to shorten the centre boss on the wheel to bring it into the wheelarch but I think it's not unsurmountable.

Fastphil
09-01-2003, 04:22 PM
The last ones (on the right) look killer.

Verminator
09-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Nice idea, how do you ensure an even cut, ie to make sure the new inner sits in the middle of the new outer rim?

EMAXX
09-01-2003, 05:51 PM
They all look really sweet, but for your car, I think the one on the far right would look the best. :)

RyanGiorgio
09-01-2003, 06:17 PM
The last ones (on the right) look killer.

I agree. They are cool.

spoolin12
09-02-2003, 12:33 AM
They all look really sweet, but for your car, I think the one on the far right would look the best. :)

:iagree:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." (there new go!) :loser:

KP60
09-02-2003, 05:00 AM
:iagree: THE ONE ON THE RIGHT!

hondaaccordboy21
09-02-2003, 09:53 AM
The last ones on the right would look sweet with it. :)

D.J.
09-02-2003, 09:58 AM
First or last :iceslolan

Andy Jones
09-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Nice idea, how do you ensure an even cut, ie to make sure the new inner sits in the middle of the new outer rim?
A lot of the smaller rims just fit inside the sleeve - for slightly bigger rims you can either be lazy like me and put a cut down the edge of the sleeve to enable it to expand or carefully sand the inside of the sleeve to enlarge it so that the new rim fits. Alternatively I guess you could use sheet styrene to build up the rim to fit the tyre and do away with the sleeve. Hopefully pictures will explain things a bit better.

Add your comment to this topic!