Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

shop swap rates

cxctr
08-31-2003, 03:22 PM
now that i have the money for my swap im finalizing my decision at hmotorsonline and have come down to a b18c or a h22a. the problem is i neither have the means nor the time to do this swap, and probably wont meet any home swappers anytime soon.

does anyone know what a reputable shop would charge if i just brought them my car (97 CX 5spd) and an engine and had them do it for me. granted the H series will cost more than the B series to install... about how much am i looking at for hassle free instalation? thanks. :confused:

jdm1
09-01-2003, 01:56 AM
now that i have the money for my swap im finalizing my decision at hmotorsonline and have come down to a b18c or a h22a. the problem is i neither have the means nor the time to do this swap, and probably wont meet any home swappers anytime soon.

does anyone know what a reputable shop would charge if i just brought them my car (97 CX 5spd) and an engine and had them do it for me. granted the H series will cost more than the B series to install... about how much am i looking at for hassle free instalation? thanks. :confused:
hey buddy so u getting a motor? u should lemme know how much ur gettin it for cuz i bet i can have a better price for u!!

cxctr
09-01-2003, 01:10 PM
give me ur prices for an obd2 GSR or prelude vtec motor and perhaps we can do business... :p

S13GTR
09-02-2003, 04:07 AM
what car you puttin it in? I will beat any shops prices and have it done it 2 days or less. Word of advise, go with the H22, I used to have one. Plus why you want obd2?

boosted331
09-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Don't pay to have someone do the swap. Rent a cherry picker, buy a haynes manual and get a few friends to help you and you can do the entire thing in a weekend and have a much better understanding of the car. It's not that hard, you just gotta be patient and double check everything.

Add your comment to this topic!