Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

sub question??

PunsIntegraLs
08-30-2003, 12:26 PM
I have a 98 integra ls. I purchased a 10 inch subwoofer and i want to put it in my spare tire well so it is hidden. Will this work and what will i need to do to get it to sound good.

AciDriveHB
09-01-2003, 02:12 PM
Hey,

Are you going to build a special box for it to sit in the well? How well does it fit in there, have you tried puting it in to see if the well is deep enough so the woofer won't stick up out? What about the AMP, where are you going to mount that... or don't you care if that sticks out or not?

Just some simple thoughts to put out to keep you thinking...
~AciD

RMattB
09-01-2003, 02:41 PM
For the speaker to sound as good as it can, the volume of the box has to match the specs of the speaker. People usually use speaker enclosure design software to determine the best box size. There are some on the net for free.

You might have a problem if your speaker needs more volume than you have in the spare tire well. It's quite possible, since those are pretty small.

b16a3sol
09-03-2003, 05:39 PM
you can do it, but i would suggest you just make a box that sits inside your trunk. there really is no reason for you to sacrifice your spare so you can put a sub in there. 10" subs dont need large enclosures, so you wont lose too much trunk space, and there will be a lot less labor involved.

AciDriveHB
09-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Who needs a spare tire? I took mine out to justify putting my sub box in there because of weight reasons. But that's my personal thought :iceslolan

~AciD

Add your comment to this topic!