Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tool question

pmarque
08-29-2003, 07:32 AM
What tool can I use to hold the pieces steady while I paint them?

thanks
pmarque

airforceone
08-29-2003, 07:36 AM
try tweezers or leave it on the sprue

dag65
08-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Are you talking about brush or spray painting?
For spraying small parts I have a board with holes in it that are large enough for bamboo skewers, a little piece of tape or poster hanging putty will hold it in place. I prefer the poster stuff, I don't know if you will find it in Portugal. I get it at the craft store and it comes in a small package, looks like yellow clay. You just ppinch off what you need, the best part is that it is reusable.

ZoomZoomMX-5
08-29-2003, 10:37 AM
I use a Micro Mark "tong" like clamping device for holding the body while it's being sprayed. It's much easier to use than my old bent coathangers that I used w/tape to hold the bodies. It was well worth the $12-13; I was sold after seeing the one Veyron uses and how well it worked.

Small parts I like to trim, clean, and then mount on small toothpics/craft sticks with fun-tack (the putty-like stuff used to hang posters). That way I can hold the part while painting it, and then I have a piece of styrofoam block that I can stick the sticks into so the parts can dry w/o coming in contact w/anything else. Sometimes if the part has a small hole, I can trim a craft pick to fit the hole, so no extraneous adhesive is used to hold the part in place. :)

Add your comment to this topic!