Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

f****ng testor paint

dutchboy 618
08-28-2003, 04:15 PM
hey guys

I don't know whats wrong but when i spray with my testor gloss black rattle can, the body gets alot of bubbles.
I already fucked up my brothers model with it and now my on mr 2.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :crying: :crying: :crying:

i think i can sand it down but iam not sure.

should i go buy a different can or maybe some of you have some more suggestions?????

Bangai-o
08-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Usually if it bubbles it it's because you're spraying too thick. Try holding the can further away and moving your hand quicker.

BaNe
08-28-2003, 05:34 PM
I usually aribrush my testors rattle can pin and recieve very good results, but I have always had a problem with the gloss black it just never wants to lay down right. :disappoin

Ghost_9418
08-28-2003, 06:02 PM
I also had problems with testors gloss black.

Sidewinder-03
08-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Try warming up the paint by setting it in a bowl of medium to hot water. Warm paint always seems to spray alot thinner than cool or cold paint. Or you could go the route I took and quit useing Testors gloss black. I now use Krylon gloss black spayed in thin coats over a thin coat of Krylon grey primer. :2cents:

hobbes874
08-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Testors has a history of bubbles :( I had the same problem on my Skyline. I would suggest either spraying farther away or getting some Tamiya paint.

primera man
08-28-2003, 08:53 PM
should i go buy a different can or maybe some of you have some more suggestions?????
Yep...chuck the can in the bin and get a Tamiya can !!

I find the paint is to slow from the can and sprays on way to thick (Testors)

Hawk312
08-28-2003, 10:53 PM
:iagree:

making this 10 characters or more...

DirtyOne
08-29-2003, 12:28 AM
ehh.. its not so bad..
you can always just tell people that the bubles are bullet holes...
ive actully done it...
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Goran
lol

airforceone
08-29-2003, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I have bad experiences with testors also but it's all that was available to me :frown: Their metallic sprays are so uneven I couldn't spray one car with an even coat. And I'm pretty good with the rattle cans! :smile: Testors can kiss my :nono: as far as spray goes but the bottle paints are okay for detailing stuff.

Diesel2NR
08-29-2003, 12:09 PM
I never had a good experience with Testors Spray cans. I've seen people get really good finishes out of them. I usually airbrush the paint instead if I can't seem to find the color in anything other than Testors or Model Masters. I never really thought that Testors Black really looked black...more like a really dark purple.

Add your comment to this topic!