Don't Buy a Kia

Mike1010
08-26-2003, 11:06 PM
If anyone is thinking about buying a Kia I hope that they will visit this page first. I'm afraid that the story described here is not an isolated incident.

Click Here Before You Buy A Kia (http://www.pcpages.com/kiario/)

Milliardo
09-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Hhmm...why not? Kia's a good economy car. At least the Kia Pride is--small car, just like the Geo Metro, or maybe even smaller...Not that I have one.

rottenstang
09-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Ya know, a lot of people dog KIA, but I own a 2000 spectra that has been the second best car I have ever owned. I am extremely hard on vehicles and this is about number 30 for me. I bought mine new when I worked for a Kia dealer, which by the way never questioned warranty work for anyone. I treat this car like crap and with 70k it still comes back for more. To dog KIA is to dog Hyundai because they own KIA. If you take a close look, anything after 2000 has Hyundai drivetrain which in my opinion is pretty tough. Its unfortunate that you had a bad experience with a dealership, but every auto manufacturer has a few lemons that roll off the plant line.

KiaOptima02
10-19-2004, 10:25 AM
If anyone is thinking about buying a Kia I hope that they will visit this page first. I'm afraid that the story described here is not an isolated incident.

I don't understand why it is thought that only foreign car company's do this. The writer of the article says that he knows never to buy a foregin car because KIA didn't cover the warranty, but I am sure there are many american car dealers, ex. Ford, Chevy... that have done the same thing in the past.

The brand of car and weather the warranty was covered in one instance does not make it a bad car. I own a Kia Optima and I have been very satisfied so far.

computeruser
01-12-2005, 02:01 AM
I have 2001 kia rio.

I hate it. Its uncomfortable, the fuel gauge is always way wrong, the engine service light comes on and off all the time, when going uphill with the a/c on, there is little power, not that there is much power anyways.

CanaMark
05-12-2005, 07:26 PM
I knew kia's were crap when they first arrived in canada. A few years ago now. They make a bad product, that breaks down often. They re-sale value sucks.

twospirits
05-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Why do you continue to insist on bashing the Kia brand. Is this a continuing goal of yours to do so? You have posted these type of postings and replies throughout the Kia forums and yet you do not have a Kia so you really can't bring any personnal insight to any problem in owning one. So Please stop it and please abide by the rules you agreed upon when joining AF. This is your second warning. There won't be a third.

TS out

jenaeck
11-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I hate my Kia. If I was able too, I would give it back to the dealership and eat the money that I have aready paid on it. I have a 2002 Kia Rio Cinco and it never runs right.

FamilyManOfFive
11-12-2005, 12:15 AM
I have 2001 kia rio.

I hate it. Its uncomfortable, the fuel gauge is always way wrong, the engine service light comes on and off all the time, when going uphill with the a/c on, there is little power, not that there is much power anyways.

You should have told me sooner. My family and I own a total of SEVEN KIAs and we laugh all the way to the bank with all of them. Basic maintenance and they run forever. Show me a GEO metro, Ford Focus, or any other brand that offers such a great warranty and stands behind it as long as you do the basic maintenance.... It's so cheap to own. Comparible vehicles costs 2 to 3 TIMES the price.

JP

FamilyManOfFive
11-12-2005, 12:19 AM
I don't understand why it is thought that only foreign car company's do this. The writer of the article says that he knows never to buy a foregin car because KIA didn't cover the warranty, but I am sure there are many american car dealers, ex. Ford, Chevy... that have done the same thing in the past.

The brand of car and weather the warranty was covered in one instance does not make it a bad car. I own a Kia Optima and I have been very satisfied so far.

So what you are saying is that since you couldn't afford the Amanti, you decided to settle for the lowest model with the smallest engine and then try to compare this with a fancier car.... Hmmm... Did you know that the Amanti is taking market share from the Cadillac and the Lincoln Towncars? Hmm....

JP

MeettheCreeper
12-14-2005, 04:05 PM

Well the first 2 oil change receipts are about 10k miles apart. Oil changes are recommended at least every 6k.

And the last 3 oil change receipts are hand written, and look to be all done by the same person at the same time.

IMO the last 3 are clearly bogus receipts. And again the mileage in between most of the receipts are beyond recommended service intervals.

Sounds to me like the trans shop that gave the bogus receipts is lucky they dont get sued for fraud.

I have been in the business for nearly 20 years and see this all the time. Most real receipts are computer printouts.

The guy who owns the vehicle should take responsiblity for not maintaining his vehicle.

If you are honest with the dealer they can help you out, if you want to lie.....

It really is difficult to fool technicians that have been in the field for as long as I have. Sludge buildup=no oil changes.

Something I forgot to add. When this guy goes to court and the trans shop gets called to court and their records are investigated that this work was never performed then what happens??

WHat happens when the IRS gets involved with income tax evasion, and lets not get started on sales tax evasion.

Looks like this guy may cost some guys business his liscence. Its his own fault for writing up bogus receipts.

queen b
03-11-2006, 08:17 AM
i have a kia rio ls sedan and its the best car ive owned i will say i have had a few probs but i drive the guts outta it thats why just put a fatboy exuast on it sounds like a V8 damn good car there r duds in every brand just because kia has had a lil more then others doesnt make em all bad cars

G-man422
03-11-2006, 09:36 AM
yeah, im not a big fan of KIA.

queen b
03-12-2006, 07:51 AM
seriously ive owned a few cars and my lil kia is the best one yet, but if i could afford it id have a clubsport or and old HQ im a holden girl but my kia is a great lil car.

johnthehonest
04-12-2006, 08:44 PM
In the US Kia = headache: Aspirin should come standard instead of such a long warranty. There's that saying that you get what you pay for and that's just what it all comes down to. As for that dude that said that the Amanti is taking away market share from Cadillacs all I can say is this: Have you looked at the interior of an Amanti lately bud?? DO YOU HONESTLY THINK A CADILLAC IS GOING TO HAVE PLASTIC COVERS WHERE BUTTONS SHOULD BE, AND USE THE SAME $1 INSTRUMENT PANEL THAT YOU CAN FIND ON A RIO??? I don't think so, If you cannot afford to buy a Cadillac then you buy a Kia. I work for a tow truck company I'm the one who puts them on the hook when they won't start and guess what?? There's no downtime in Central Florida thanks to KIA, as long as there's people buying the s**t boxes then we will have a job and so will Kia dealers. That's all I have to say whether you like or not that is the truth.

twospirits
04-13-2006, 08:48 AM
As much as I would love to give some the benefit of the doubt, I really hate when first time posters managed to make their first post a flame against any brand or model. It makes you look like a troll and raises my suspicions.
You are probably a honda civic geek, which ironically matches that members IP address.

Be forewarned, if you are coming in here to bash or flame the brand, your stay here will be short lived. Owners complaing about their cars is one thing, non-owners calling them shit boxes is another.
You have been warned.

twospirits
AF Moderator

89-Lasabre-d00d
04-13-2008, 07:31 AM
As much as I would love to give some the benefit of the doubt, I really hate when first time posters managed to make their first post a flame against any brand or model. It makes you look like a troll and raises my suspicions.
You are probably a honda civic geek, which ironically matches that members IP address.

Be forewarned, if you are coming in here to bash or flame the brand, your stay here will be short lived. Owners complaing about their cars is one thing, non-owners calling them shit boxes is another.
You have been warned.

twospirits
AF Moderator
Totally agree 100% and as a former Kia Spec5 owner, I have nothing but respect for Kia. As far as I'm concernered, it's one of the best cars on the market right now hands down. I don't care what all the other people are saying I know fIrst hand that I had no problems at all with mine and I was very happy with it. On the power and proformence issues, your power is gonna suk on a small engine UNLESS you get a manual. Auto's suk azz as far as proformence goes which is why I always try and get a manuel. Anyway, just wanted to put my :2cents: in. Kias do NOT suk! They are one of the best and most reliable vehicles on the road. PERIOD!

Add your comment to this topic!