Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My own 300zx

Vicious
08-26-2003, 07:32 PM
I was looking around at cardomain.com and found ... what i think is a sweet looking 300zx... i wanted to know what i would have to do to get a car like this for the cheapest amount of money... and what colors may look good... (other then red)... so if you could tell me what parts i would need to buy and about how much it would cost it would be greatly appreciated....Link to pic (http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=29055&make_type_query=make%3DNissan&model_brand_query=model%3D300ZX&tree=Nissan%20300ZX)

chickan_z
09-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Nice Z, but you arne't going to be able to get a Z cheap, especially not one like that. Also you have to look at insurance (expensive as hell) and also parts/maintenance is insanely expensive, not to mention performance parts are rediculously high. If you really want a Z (and I personally have one) you better be willing to pull out your checkbook, as there is no such thing as a cheap Z

DemonZX
09-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Agreed completly! Also how old are you?...that will make a difference with ins.

chickan_z
09-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I'm 18 so I put my 90 2+2 under my dads name, insurance is $180/6 monthes, but repairs and maintenance are still killing me, its in the shop right now :(

Vicious
09-02-2003, 07:44 PM
im only 15 but i already have my own small business..lawn work and shit.... makes good cash... taxes suck though.....and as for work.. my cousin is a mechanic here in minn.. so i got help there....he knows plenty... but exactly how cheap do you think i could find a 15 z in fair condition....and how good are invader bodykits..???.....are there nicer kits ?? i couldnt find any more exept for the w typ on wingswest....and i dont think its that great... how bout spoilers ???know of any good ones...(in your opinions).......thanks though at least someone is paying attention to my post.

Zn0niMuS
10-18-2003, 12:28 AM
umm, i got my NA Z a couple years back for 5g's. it's got a rebuilt engine and good body. as for the mods.....i think the prices will dissapoint you no matter if your going for show or performance. it's a bitch to maintain a Z and fix it up........sigh..I LOVE MY Z!! hahaha. get the Z first, then u can figure things out later, no need to rush.
some nice colors on Z's i've seen besides red are: silver, white, and black. Z's don't look good with many colors.

Add your comment to this topic!