Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help me with a tranny swap

mgaska84
08-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Im taking out my b18 ls tranny and putting in a b16 tranny. What i need to know i\s exactly how to do it. Is there anyway you can give me the simplest steps to do it right and also what parts and tools i'll need to get the job done, thanks

DarkAccord600
08-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Put it in the same way you took out the ls tranny. Use the same tools and if you plan on puttin alot of horses in your engine it might be wise to change the clutch and flywheel for somethin a bit better than stock.

mgaska84
08-25-2003, 05:00 PM
i havenbt taken it out yet, thats why im asking...do i need any tools to take it out, or anything special? im taking out my ls and putting in a b16, it bolts right in, correct? and do i need to take the axels off?

crxlvr
08-25-2003, 05:20 PM
to remove the engine and tranny you will need to remove the axles, only special tool i can think of that you will need is the 32mm(i believe) axle nut socket, and maybe a fork tool to remove the ball joints.

they are both b-series motors so you wont need new mounts.

mgaska84
08-25-2003, 05:33 PM
right on, is it very difficult to take out and put back in? or what? if possible could you maybe give me the steps or detail of how to do it? thanks

bambam2000
08-26-2003, 01:11 AM
dude just go to c-speedracing.com
but if u r planning on doing it your :screwy: self make sure you get a bucket and every bolt and nut u take out put it in there and REMEMBER THE WAY YOU TOOK THOSE BOLTS OUT because if not your fucked and also if its your first time count on having your car up there for at least 4 days from sun rise to sun set (depends how good u r with the mechanic shit :shakehead )
good luck!!!!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!