engine reduce power ???

bedaiwi
08-24-2003, 02:48 AM
i have yukon denali xl 2002 .... the problem is : engine reduce power
iwant help please

GMMerlin
08-26-2003, 12:12 AM
If your vehicle is under 36000 miles, take it to your dealer.
Reduced engine power message on your message monitor means your PCM has gone into a default mode. Most likely you also have a SES light on also.
Your vehicle is under 3 year /36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and should be repaired at no cost to you.

firemansven
12-12-2004, 12:04 AM
I have a 2003 Yukon XL...Save problem, "Engine reduce power"...Had it fixed 3 times. It does it without warning and slows the truck to 25-30+/- MPH. Almost hit from behind by Semi locking up brakes. My wife with 4 kids is afraid to drive it. What can I do???

denalixl
12-12-2004, 03:48 PM
I have a 2003 Yukon XL...Save problem, "Engine reduce power"...Had it fixed 3 times. It does it without warning and slows the truck to 25-30+/- MPH. Almost hit from behind by Semi locking up brakes. My wife with 4 kids is afraid to drive it. What can I do???

I have a 2004 Denali XL [with tire monitor sensor]got the same problem ENGINE REDUCE POWER AND T/C DISABLE at the same time, engine no power. When I take to the dealer first time that has happen, they only found the problem of service tire monitor sensor. Since I was replace the original tire and has the after marker wheels on/ with out sensor that could be the case. And another time that happen was after I used remote starter to start the truck, it will cause the ENGINE REDUCE POWER AND SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT ON " it not happen all the time but usually it does. I assume that might be the case of truck act up the problem. Or could be something else.

tonytone
12-13-2004, 02:43 PM
The absence of the tire pressure sensor by itself should not normally cause an "Engine Reduce Power" DIC message; one would think that if that message was displayed, a code should have been generated for it which can be retrieved by the dealer. This code (or codes) should help the dealer diagnose what's causing the message to appear...unless there is more to it than what I know, I fail to see how the dealer could not have been able to detect at least what code generated that message.

denalixl
12-13-2004, 07:59 PM
The absence of the tire pressure sensor by itself should not normally cause an "Engine Reduce Power" DIC message; one would think that if that message was displayed, a code should have been generated for it which can be retrieved by the dealer. This code (or codes) should help the dealer diagnose what's causing the message to appear...unless there is more to it than what I know, I fail to see how the dealer could not have been able to detect at least what code generated that message.

Thank you, Tonytone. I will go to the dealer again soon, right now I'm waitting for them to call me back for the Tilt mechanism part for the seat. The seat make a clunking noise when car coming to stop [at the back of the seat] "SPECIAL ORDERED PART" Lala Lala!

Why take them so long to get it "assuming they order on 22 Nov the day I take car in, and still didn't hear back from them.

Another thing anyone know why dealer so clumsy, the day I take my truck in was rainy and the guy has to work with the front seat under the roof, and when I got my truck back and noticed that was a long mark on the front door with blue color paint and small dent on it. It was from the post at work station. The machanic was care less and hit the door with it. Now they has to fixing it.

I will asking the dealer about "Engine Reduce Power" again if they can't find anything I will take my truck to other dealer and see if they will solve the problem.

GMMerlin
12-13-2004, 09:16 PM
I have a 2004 Denali XL [with tire monitor sensor]got the same problem ENGINE REDUCE POWER AND T/C DISABLE at the same time, engine no power. When I take to the dealer first time that has happen, they only found the problem of service tire monitor sensor. Since I was replace the original tire and has the after marker wheels on/ with out sensor that could be the case. And another time that happen was after I used remote starter to start the truck, it will cause the ENGINE REDUCE POWER AND SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT ON " it not happen all the time but usually it does. I assume that might be the case of truck act up the problem. Or could be something else.

You are not going to like what I am about to tell you..If you have a remote start on your vehicle, most likely the dealer is not going to touch your truck for the "Reduced Power" problem..your vehicle has been modified and therefore GM will not authorize any assistance.
it breaks down like this...many circuits on your vehicle use a low voltage communication data line (5v to be exact)..any modification to these cicuits can cause an excessive resistance causing a voltage drop across the circuit..the voltage drop effects the communication of the modules and can cause some very strange problems...been there, done that,got the t shirt.
now there are some on here that will want to discredit what I am saying about remote starts and aftermarket alarms (mostly because they sell or install them), but I am telling you from first hand experiance these things are headaches for dealers (matter of fact our dealer refuses to have them installed for customers) and for techs like me that have to diagnose wierd electrical problems.
my suggestion is take the thing off, put the truck back to factory specs and see what happens....we have enough problems with factory wiring..we don't need anything else added in.

denalixl
12-13-2004, 09:48 PM
You are not going to like what I am about to tell you..If you have a remote start on your vehicle, most likely the dealer is not going to touch your truck for the "Reduced Power" problem..your vehicle has been modified and therefore GM will not authorize any assistance.
it breaks down like this...many circuits on your vehicle use a low voltage communication data line (5v to be exact)..any modification to these cicuits can cause an excessive resistance causing a voltage drop across the circuit..the voltage drop effects the communication of the modules and can cause some very strange problems...been there, done that,got the t shirt.
now there are some on here that will want to discredit what I am saying about remote starts and aftermarket alarms (mostly because they sell or install them), but I am telling you from first hand experiance these things are headaches for dealers (matter of fact our dealer refuses to have them installed for customers) and for techs like me that have to diagnose wierd electrical problems.
my suggestion is take the thing off, put the truck back to factory specs and see what happens....we have enough problems with factory wiring..we don't need anything else added in.

Thank you GmMerlin, Well I assum that remote starter could cause the problem. But anytime that has happened I just turn the truck off for a second and start it back, and Reduce Power Engine display is reset and the truck is back to normal. My concern is if this happen it will damage the truck engine in the long run?

Blazer04
07-23-2009, 03:01 PM
i have a Trail Blazer 04..reduce engine light keep coming on..and i dont know what seems to be the problem..can anyone help me or explain to me?/

Bigtex93
12-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Same problem as well. Here is what I did

Checked ground wires ok
Checked Wires(wiggled) throttle body
Checked Battery cables for tightness and battery is ok
Checked connections in switch for throttle body

gave up and went to dealership

they checked everything I did as well and did voltage test
250.00 later.. car went into reduce engine power on the way home. Turned around they worked on it some more...saif if that didn't fix it we would need to replace the throttle body...375 plus labor...What am I missing here...is it guess work? Can they guarantee this will fix it? or will I need to pay for something else...this is crazy..

Add your comment to this topic!