Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rate my system

chrispittman
08-23-2003, 11:50 PM
hey i just got a system for my car and I wanted to know some opionions on it, keep in mind that this is my FIRST system and i didn't really know what i was doing so keep that in mind...alright i have a panasonic cd player(cq-dfx403u) and then to that i have 2 pioneer 12"s(ts-w34c) and then to power those i have a 400-600 watt SPL amplifier and this is in an 86' subaru GL, the system is by far worth more than the car i just want to know if its good and has anyone ever heard of SPL amps and if so are they shitty good or decent or what??, give me some feedback and opionions and dont be shy to be truthfull and be rude, I'm the one askin for it...thanks.

Haibane
08-24-2003, 07:12 AM
hey i just got a system for my car and I wanted to know some opionions on it, keep in mind that this is my FIRST system and i didn't really know what i was doing so keep that in mind...alright i have a panasonic cd player(cq-dfx403u) and then to that i have 2 pioneer 12"s(ts-w34c) and then to power those i have a 400-600 watt SPL amplifier and this is in an 86' subaru GL, the system is by far worth more than the car i just want to know if its good and has anyone ever heard of SPL amps and if so are they shitty good or decent or what??, give me some feedback and opionions and dont be shy to be truthfull and be rude, I'm the one askin for it...thanks.
It's probably all SPL like the name brand says, probably moderately powerful, just not very clean sounding

ssjwizard
08-24-2003, 12:29 PM
if all your looking for is pure BOOM then the SPL by Power Acoustik is an ok choice. not realy high on the clarity as its designed for use with subs in a BANDPASS box which is also for higher SPL(sound preasure level) which just creates more vibration rather than actual audio. if you were looking for quality audio with boom there are alot of better choices. for value lanzar is a pretty good brand. you can also go with JBL which is a slightly better choice a bit more expensive. as far as amps go a good amp is going to run you a bit for that many watts. sony is also on the lower end as far as quality goes

as far as your deck you got a pretty good one. personaly i would have coped up the extra twenty bux and got the CQ-DF583U it has all the features of that one plus mp3/wma.

Add your comment to this topic!