Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Favorite and Least favorite Drivers

carkid22
08-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Name your favorite drivers (limit of 5) and the drivers you least like (limit of 5), in the Cup and reasons why.

*Cup Favorites*
1. Ryan Newman- All-time favorite, one of best qualifiers ever.
2. Rusty Walllace- New pit crew would put him back in the game.
3. Casey Mears- Since he's been doing the abc deal he has been much more consistent, he just hasn't gotten the finishes.
4. Terry Labonte- Still a lot of talent left in him, hopefully he gets his contract extended.

*Cup Least Liked*
1. Jimmie Johnson- I think he's a cry baby.
2. Michael Waltrip- He won't stop talking :mad:
3. Dale Jr.- In my opinion he is very overrated.
4. Dale Jarrett- His car is ugly :evillol:

z33guy
08-24-2003, 12:10 AM
tops:
ryan newman- doesnt talk, just wins
rusty wallace- driver ive always followed
tony stewart- badass, but hes kinda getting annoying now
kurt busch- wins, nuff said
Casey Mears- he seems like he has the talent, to bad chip wants to drop him

bottom:
jimmie johnson: prick
jimmy spencer: prick, talks to much not to back any of it up
robby gordon: tool
dale jr: too long to type why i dislike him

carkid22
08-24-2003, 01:22 PM
ryan newman- doesnt talk, just wins

:iagree: plus he doesn't whine and he's not overly agressive.

z33guy
08-24-2003, 01:44 PM
i think hell end up with 7 or 8 wins this season and busch will prolly get 6. I have to many guys i like and really not many that i dont. i couldnt even get 5

Srocket_3
10-19-2003, 09:49 PM
favorites-

Dale Jr.- seems rather trendish I know but he has as good as if not better driving skills than anyone in winston cup(and touring too going by his LaManns runs in the Vette) and he WILL be as good as his dad.
Micheal Waltrip- very good driver, and hella funny!
Rusty Wallace- he's been around and is very skilled and switching to dodge from ford really helped.
Kevin Harvick- there just isn't really anything to dislike.

Hate-

MATT KENSETH- he just doesn't try, he whines, and he drives a ford....he wouldn't be in the run for the championship if he had RACED in the first 3/4 of the season instead of just skimming by.
Kurt busch- he drives a ford sponsered by sharpie...need I say anymore? I gotta give it to him though....he drives his cars to their limit every race...imagine what he could do in a Chev.
Jeff Gordon- HE WHINES ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

jayman12_23
10-25-2003, 12:10 PM
*Favorites*
Ryan Newman- Absolute favorite driver no question.
Brian Vickers- Looks like the next big thing, he's got the skill of gordon without the whining. This might be to soon for him to move up, we'll know after his rookie year.
Bill Elliott- My favorite old school driver, hopefully he stays one more year.
Bobby Labonte- Helluva cool driver, hes got that whole labonte calm to him. I hope he can come back and claim another title.
Terry Labonte- Well he finally won again something i've been saying he'd do for years and i'd love if he'd stay a year or two but if he wants to retire that would be cool too.

*LEAST*
Rusty Wallace- Great driver but he is past his prime and retirement is what he should do.
Michael Waltrip- He was never and still is not a great driver. hes only been around because hes a waltrip :rolleyes:
Jimmie Johnson- cry baby and he only does so good in points because he doesn't race hard (just like what kenseth has done this year).
Dale Jarrett- He'd probably do better driving the big brown truck.
Todd Bodine- :disappoin

HappysAngel
10-31-2003, 07:42 PM
Good- Harvick, Junior, Tony, Ryan

Bad- Kenseth, Spencer, Rudd

pawn
01-11-2004, 04:31 PM
i like Stewart, Dale Jr., and Harvick
i don't like Bushe, Dale Jarrett, and Gordon.

Sam I am
02-03-2004, 01:25 PM
:mad: I hate Tony Stewart, I've loathed him ever since I saw a documentary about him on SPEED. He tries to act like some extreme hard-core racer but he's just some flabby dirty hick that drives dirty and bullys people around. He's an insecure little sheep in wolve's clothing and he needs to get his hands on a shaving razor so he can shave that ugly 4 day facial hair and I hope he cuts his jugular vein while shaving...Oh and I like Michael Waltrip. :smile: he's the best.

ironman502
02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I like Sterling- go ahead, laugh, but he WAS good after switching to Dodge.
Newman- how could you not like him?
MacMurray- he got a great start, just needs some consistency
Boris Said- just plain fun to watch, he drives so hard

Don't like:
Gordon- he gets really nasty when things don't go his way
Martin- drives for the money
Jarrett- I still haven't forgiven him from that time he flipped Dale Sr. at Daytona in 97(?)
Stewart- parents should have spanked him more often :nono:

lowsonoma1999
02-16-2004, 09:59 AM
I used to work at an indoor racing go-kart track (www.prodrivekarting.com) years ago, so I have met, hung out, and raced with a lot of the NASCAR drivers. So I have my likes and dislike from my own experience and not just from what you see on TV.

1. Tony Stewart--ok, when he raced IRL he was a dick. He thought he was hot shit and nobody could touch him. After his first year in NASCAR and everybody was punking on him, he calmed down quite a bit. He used to come into my work about once a month at least, so I saw the transformation even in his personal life. He might still have a temper, but I still like him.
2. Dale Jr.--His dad was my favorite, good driver, good people skills.
3. Michael Waltrip--good driver, funny as hell, stays calm when things don't go well, takes a lot to piss him off.
4. Bobby Labonte--good driver, has a calm about him. Him and his crew came into my work right at closing time, we locked the door and all of us raced for over an hour. Afterwards he just hung out and talked with everybody, signed autographs. Very nice guy.
5. Rusty Wallace--So he might whine a bit, still a good driver, maybe past his prime, but a really nice guy in person.

Dislikes: in no particular order
1. Jeff Gordon--spoiled brat, whines too much
2. Jason Leffler--so he doesn't really do Nextel Cup anymore, biggest asshole driver I think I've ever met. Don't know how many times we had to kick him out of work because he would intentionally put paying customers into the wall, and then bitch and whine because we kicked him out. Every once in awhile we'd let him come back and race, but warn him about putting people in the wall, and he'd do it anyways.

crashtestdummy4
04-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Favorite ever: Dale Earnhardt, Sr.- Grew up routing for him, miss him.

Favorite now:
1. Michael Waltrip- Funny, all around nice guy.
2. Jimmie Johnson- Aggressive, but not stupid.
3. Kasey Kahne- A rookie showing all the veterans how its done.

Least Favorite:
1. Tony Stewart- a hot-headed jerk
2. Rusty Wallace- thinks he deserves to win every race even though he sucks.
3. Robby Gordon- just a bad driver who shouldn't be allowed to race because he just wrecks everyone.

RacingFan25
06-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Favorite
Kasey Kahne- Still my favorite, his first Cup win isn't far away.
Jeff Burton- Nice guy, surprised how bad he's been running lately.
Jimmie Johnson- Best driver in Cup Series right now.
Tony Stewart- He's back to overly agressive again.

Least
Todd Bodine- I cringe when I see him in the starting lineup. No really.
Dale Jarrett- He's doing terrible and acts like its ok. :rolleyes:

Blaze51
09-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Favorites:
Kasey Kahne- My favorite driver. His beginning to his racing career is very similar to mine.
Ryan Newman- First driver I really followed.
Mark Martin- I was a fan before I even watched racing much.

K.K. and Ryan have lots of talent and will be great champions some day. Mark is just an awesome veteran and I think he still could win a championship..... maybe this year.

jrsautografx
11-21-2004, 09:57 PM
My Favorites are:
1) Kyle Petty, don't laugh, always been a Petty fan.
2)Kevin Harvick, exciting to watch when he runs good.
3)Kasey Kahne, this kid is impressive, does not shoot his mouth off, drives like a seasoned veteran, he could have wrecked Kenseth at Rockingham but didn't
4)Dale Jr, didn't always like his dad, he has been able to get out from under Sr's shadow and stand on his own, gotta respect that.
I dislike:
Ryan Newman, when he leads I get sleepy, snorefest
Jeff Gordon,I've seen him win and bitch, I've seen him try to wreck the leader if he is in danger of getting lapped.
Kurt Busch,he should have been benched right along with Spencer,but Rousch got him out of it.
Tony Stewart,he can wreck you but don't scuff him or he'll kill you

brett85p
11-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Favs
1. Dale Jr
2. Joe Nemacheck
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Michael Wiltrip
5. Jeff Gordon

Dislike
No -one in particular, hate to see aford win thou!!!

Tach_it
11-22-2004, 09:45 PM
I dont really dislike any of them, I have respect for them as race drivers. top 5
1 Jimmie Johnson - He can drive a race car, backed by Hendrick motorsports
2 Kevin Harvick - true die hard racer
3 Ryan Newman - smooth and best qualifier in 04
4 Mark Martin - passoinate racer always with smile, even old he kick ass
5 Jeff Gordon - even though he whines I have to agree he is damn good racer, and he is also backed by Hendrick Motorsports

mlreynolds21
11-24-2004, 10:48 PM
i like all of them. they are all great drivers or they wouldn't be in the cup series. the only person i have a problem with is Jr. he is a fantastic driver and one of the best in the cup series, i just believe the only reason he has so much hype is because of his father and because of his sponser. i mean just because your father is legendary driver , that doesn't mean you will be. ( Kyle Petty)

wafrederick
12-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Favorites:Kevin Harvick,Mark Martin,Boby Labonte and Dale Jarrett

Hate: Jeff Gordon,a whiner and I call him Mr. Pansy( he is one)
Ryan Neuman, a show off,pole hogger
Tony Stewart,Likes to take out competitors out on purpose
Kasey Kahne,show off,pole hogger
Cleadus T. Judd has a parody song called "I Love Nascar".In the song,He sings that Tony Stewart is a whiner

PHPh8sPSR
12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Favs:
Tony stewart.. like orange
Bobby labonte.. tonys partner. my dads favorite
Kasey Kahne.. gonna be the next great driver

Least Favs:
All of Hendrick motorsports.. exept kyle busch
all Fords

SabreKhan
12-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, and Matt Kenseth in the "Favorites" list; Robby Gordon (good riddance),Tony Stewart, and Kirk Shelmerdine in the not-favorite list. This is based on personality, as they are all talented racecar drivers (though Shelmerdine rarely even makes the show).

jrkicksbuschbros
04-10-2005, 04:26 PM
fav drivers
Dale Earnhardt sr Kerry Earnhardt
Dale Earnhardt jr Adam Petty
Michael Waltrip Paul Menard
Martin Truex jr Hank Parker jr
Tony Stewart

drivers i hate!!!!!!!!
KURT BUSCH HE IS A COCKY ARROGANT LITTLE BUTTHEAD
MARK MARTIN ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING TO SAY IF HE DONT WIN
RUSTY WALLACE HES JUST LIKE MARK MARTIN

if u hate dale jr just cause of how many fans he has u must have really hated his daddy if u want to like a driver that has no fans go be a fan of kurt busch

jrkicksbuschbros
04-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Favorite ever: Dale Earnhardt, Sr.- Grew up routing for him, miss him.

Favorite now:
1. Michael Waltrip- Funny, all around nice guy.
2. Jimmie Johnson- Aggressive, but not stupid.
3. Kasey Kahne- A rookie showing all the veterans how its done.

Least Favorite:
1. Tony Stewart- a hot-headed jerk
2. Rusty Wallace- thinks he deserves to win every race even though he sucks.
3. Robby Gordon- just a bad driver who shouldn't be allowed to race because he just wrecks everyone.

ok u was a fan of dale earnhardt sr which i am to but say tony stewart is a hot headed jerk dale sr was a jerk to on the track but off he acted jr as sweet as he could be most of the time tony does to

theFREAKnasty82
04-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Favorite drivers:
Bobby Labonte
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Mark Martin

Least Favorite:
Jimmie Johnson
Kevin Harvick

pissboy
05-07-2005, 03:41 PM
tops
1. dale jr he cant help that his dads fans switched to him.
2. kurt busch aggressive
3. Mark Martin long time fan just a good guy.

bottoms
1. Jeff Gordan little b!tch, crys and whines
2. Jimmie Johnson same as above
3. robby gordon just causes wrecks

future good guys to watch for.

1. carl edwards
2. casey kahne
3. martin truex jr
4. paul menard

1986Z28
05-08-2005, 03:56 PM
FAVOURITES

dale jr.
mikey
harvick

DRIVERS I HATE

gordon
jimmy johnson

TheStang00
05-08-2005, 05:18 PM
im a big mark martin fan, i also root for all the roush guys. i like michael waltrip too. i cant stand jimmie spencer, and i dont like jimmie johnson either. i dont mind gordon anymore but i kinda got pissed about how he wrecked busch. jimmie johnson is an idiot... he managed to single handedly wreck about 30 cars at talladega.

Crazer
11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm a huge fan of Hendrick Motorsports.

Jeff Gordon- All-time favorite.
Jimmie Johnson
Brian Vickers
Kyle Busch

And Penske Racing.
Ryan Newman
Kurt Busch

NOVA71
12-05-2005, 05:21 AM
Favorite of all time - Dale Earnhardt !!!

Favorites now:
1 - Kevin Harvick - A die hard, firery racer that's not afraid of a little beatin and banging. And he does have the best ride in Nascar.
2 - Tony Stewart - Probably the most talented driver. He would drive the wheels off of a wheelbarrow to win.
3 - Dale Jr. - Nice guy with lots of talent. Just wish he was a little more aggressive like his father.
4 - Mike Waltrip - Just because he's a nice guy. Just wish he could win a little more.
5 - Mark Martin - I can't beleive someone who drives a ford made my favorites, but he's a good driver and it would be nice to see the guy win a championship before he retires.

I can't stand these guys:
1 - Jimmy Johnson - Man If this guy whines and cries anymore I'm gonna have to start calling him Jeff.
2 - Jeff Gordon - The original whining crybaby.
3 - Kurt Busch - Little arrogant punk kid that looks like he's 12 and thinks his sh@t don't stink.
4 - Greg Biffle - Just because the guy don't have any common sense. I mean this guy will race you even if he's 100 laps down.
5 - Rusty Wallace - They don't call him rubberhead for nothing.

Add your comment to this topic!