Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Knocking noise & Active Sus Light on

2Q45
08-23-2003, 09:49 PM
ok..i have a 1991 Q45 with the active suspenion, there is 105200 miles on it and i just had the alinement done on it, when i start the car i can feel the car moving and then the ausus light comes on and stays on until i shut off the car. When i'm driving i'm hearing a rapping noise under the car towards the front, this happens also when i stop and make left or right turn too. Yesterday i kept on braking to see if i can find the noise, i can't find where it comming from, also the guy who was doing the work on the car heard the noise to and he could find it, and one more thing should i be feeling a rough ride, because i am..if that will help you in helping me.

:confused:

2Q45
08-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Just got the car back from Infiniti dealership and here is the list: the active pump failure, valve covers leaking oil/fuel & Coolant bypass hose under intake with V/covers, A/T oil pan leaking from drain plug, actuators internal leakage All 4 & rear control vale. So many things, what should I do.

Dave

maxnix
10-13-2003, 04:42 AM
Just got the car back from Infiniti dealership and here is the list: the active pump failure, valve covers leaking oil/fuel & Coolant bypass hose under intake with V/covers, A/T oil pan leaking from drain plug, actuators internal leakage All 4 & rear control vale. So many things, what should I do. - DaveIf the timing chain guides have not been updated, probably start checking your savings, unless you are mechanically skilled. Check the active post after this for information on parts. Do you have a service manual?

blakey2000
12-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Fill your active suspension (3 quarts) w/ AS fluid. the knocking are your struts bottoming out, that will go away when you fill it up. Its under the hood to the right

Add your comment to this topic!