Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Domestic (USA) Tuner Models

larrygre
08-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Revell will shortly be releaseing a 1/25 scale kit of the Ford Focus SVT. Which of the newest cars from GM, Ford, and Chrysler would you like to see produced as 1/25 scale model kits?

tonioseven
08-22-2003, 10:57 AM
1. Cavalier/Sunfire with the Supercharged Ecotec engine

2. Neon SRT-4

3. Chrysler Pacifica (SUV but it's still pretty cool!)

Camber
08-22-2003, 11:15 AM
The 2005(I think) Mustang cobra :eek: :eek:

73superduty
08-22-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure the GTO will be done, just a matter of when it will get here.
The Neon would be a great kit to have as well. That is one sinister looking little car.
I like tonioseven's thinking too, the Pacifica has a lot of building advantages and would be a fun kit to bash.
Chris

willimo
08-22-2003, 11:55 AM
GTO. Of course. Seems like the first car in ages that Holden... erm... Pontiac is going to do right. I'm very interested in seeing this car in real life. Anyone else notice how the Pontiac lineup lost that crappy body-cladding in anticipation of the GTO arriving in our market? Just a thought...

larrygre
08-22-2003, 11:56 AM
Almost forgot one important newcomer - the Saturn Ion Red Line. With its tuner styling, aggressive suspension, and supercharged Ecotec, it's bound to be the first Saturn that has any major impact.

larrygre
08-22-2003, 12:00 PM
GTO. Of course. Seems like the first car in ages that Holden... erm... Pontiac is going to do right. I'm very interested in seeing this car in real life. Anyone else notice how the Pontiac lineup lost that crappy body-cladding in anticipation of the GTO arriving in our market? Just a thought...

It actually started way before that - in fact, when Bob Lutz first came to GM. He told a meeting of Pontiac execs and product planners that they'll lose the plastic cladding on their cars or they better start practicing how to say "You want fries with that?" :lol2:

Lutz is a car guy. The first car guy at GM in recent years in a position to actually DO something! Rumor has it that he is overseeing the top-secret all new Camaro.

Ferrari TR
08-22-2003, 12:06 PM
The upcoming Caddy roadster with full engine detail.
Hey, I can wish, right!

Hi Larry!

:p

fullbloodchop01
08-22-2003, 12:16 PM
PERSONALLY, i think that the new GTO is crap, i mean of couyrse it is fast and wat not, but i mean its basically a GrandPrix with a vette engine, and it looks like shit IMO.
but i would like to see a SRT-4, or a crossfire built
:cool:

larrygre
08-22-2003, 12:17 PM
The upcoming Caddy roadster with full engine detail.
Hey, I can wish, right!

Hi Larry!

:p

I'm gettin' old, forgetting all these cool new rides. The XLR, of course. Nice car up close. Maybe even the CTS V-series?

How you doin', dude?

Veyron
08-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Almost forgot one important newcomer - the Saturn Ion Red Line. With its tuner styling, aggressive suspension, and supercharged Ecotec, it's bound to be the first Saturn that has any major impact.
:rofl: :rolleyes:

larrygre
08-22-2003, 12:41 PM
PERSONALLY, i think that the new GTO is crap, i mean of couyrse it is fast and wat not, but i mean its basically a GrandPrix with a vette engine, and it looks like shit IMO.
but i would like to see a SRT-4, or a crossfire built
:cool:

Hold on there! The GTO is no Grand Prix. The GP is a typically US FWD luxo sport boat that shows how GM likes to hang on to its old and tired ideas rather than catch up to the rest of the world let alone attempt to lead the pack. The GTO is a rebadged Holden Monaro which is one of GM's hottest cars anywhere. Rear drive, LS1 engine, INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION (besides the Vette, what other rear-drive GM car has that?), and world-class roadholding. It's one of GM's bright spots. The Aussies love muscle cars. GM was smart not to mess with a good thing.

They were talking about bringing in the Holden Commodore SS (a 4-door version of the Monaro with the same muscle) as the new Impala SS, but GM didn't want to spend the money on a limited "niche" vehicle for Chevrolet (except for Corvette). Instead, they dropped the Bonneville's supercharged 3.8 liter V6 into the current FWD Wimpala to be the new SS. What a joke. Typical GM. Paint it black and give it SS emblems and they think the world will be beating a path to Chevy dealers. The only thing "beating" about the Wimpala SS is that a stock no mods '96 Impala SS will leave the Wimpala SS in the weeds any day. With mods to the '96, the Wimpala might as well be a Toyota Prius with a clapped out gasoline engine.

Just my .02.

EMAXX
08-22-2003, 12:52 PM
I'd say the Gto or the Crossfire. I voted for the GTO though.

Hiroboy
08-22-2003, 01:01 PM
:useless:
NOI, just some of us are not from the US and build models 'cause Oh I like the look of that car.
OK I know what the Focus SVT is because of WRC

larrygre
08-22-2003, 01:21 PM
:rofl: :rolleyes:

I think they are on the right track, though we won't really know until the production models become available. I'll save my laughs - or accolades - till then.

ZoomZoomMX-5
08-22-2003, 01:46 PM
"All of the above", though the GTO really isn't a domestic (that's a sad story in it's own)...

In addition, others made in the Americas:

Caddy XLR
Caddy CTS-V
Caddy Sixteen concept
Mustang Mach I
'05 Mustang concept
Ion coupe
Mercury Marauder
Honda Accord coupe (with killer factory body kit)
Vibe/Matrix
Honda Element (freaky cars make cool models)
BMW Z4

The US auto industry is almost pathetic in it's feeble attempts to make world-class cars, so it's no wonder there aren't many models of current US cars other than 'Vettes and a few 'Stangs. Sad to see how many cool new Japanese cars are being kitted by Fujimi...then again, most of those cars are more exciting than the US cars that attempt to compete against them...

Ferrari TR
08-22-2003, 02:08 PM
I was thinking CTS as well, but I know that will never happen.

How's the Site up-date going?

Bill, AKA: Dnewish2

Midnight Racer
08-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Some models I would love to see are the Cavalier, Sunfire,Neon and Tiburon.

larrygre
08-22-2003, 06:27 PM
I was thinking CTS as well, but I know that will never happen.

How's the Site up-date going?

Bill, AKA: Dnewish2

A CTS would be cool, especially a CTS-V! :tongue:

The site's revision is progressing slowly. It will be very different than it is now. I hope fellow modelers like it and find it useful - that's the bottom line!

Thanks, Bill!

supratuner
08-22-2003, 08:32 PM
SRT 4, nice car.

Sigmaman
08-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Go the GTO,its probably the closest us Aussies will get to a model kit of an Aussie car. :aus:

Mainomega
08-25-2003, 02:56 AM
"All of the above", though the GTO really isn't a domestic (that's a sad story in it's own)...

In addition, others made in the Americas:

Caddy XLR
Caddy CTS-V
Caddy Sixteen concept
Mustang Mach I
'05 Mustang concept
Ion coupe
Mercury Marauder
Honda Accord coupe (with killer factory body kit)
Vibe/Matrix
Honda Element (freaky cars make cool models)
BMW Z4

The US auto industry is almost pathetic in it's feeble attempts to make world-class cars, so it's no wonder there aren't many models of current US cars other than 'Vettes and a few 'Stangs. Sad to see how many cool new Japanese cars are being kitted by Fujimi...then again, most of those cars are more exciting than the US cars that attempt to compete against them...

I like your list, and I think I can help you with the H Element. I have an old shoe box that you could paint and put 4 wheels on it and have your own scale model of that car. :p

I've seen 3 of them already and I wish I could speak with one of the drivers... why would you buy a car like that ? Its the Aztek all over again !

Veyron
08-25-2003, 07:45 AM
I like your list, and I think I can help you with the H Element. I have an old shoe box that you could paint and put 4 wheels on it and have your own scale model of that car.

:lol: It's Honda's answer to the VW Thing!

ZoomZoomMX-5
08-25-2003, 07:53 AM
:lol: It's Honda's answer to the VW Thing!

I want a model of the VW Thing too! :grinno: :evillol: :icon16:

Verminator
08-26-2003, 06:36 AM
:useless:
NOI, just some of us are not from the US and build models 'cause Oh I like the look of that car.
OK I know what the Focus SVT is because of WRC

:iagree: :1:

z33guy
08-26-2003, 07:36 AM
sweet an svt focus yay

Okiemodelbuilder
08-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Domestic tuner kits I would love to see include:
*2005 Pontiac GTO
*2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4
*2005 Mustang
*2004 Cadillac CTS-V
*2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
*2004 Chevy Cavalier tuner style
*2004 Saturn Ion Red Line

ZoomZoomMX-5
08-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Domestic tuner kits I would love to see include:
*2005 Pontiac GTO
*2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4
*2005 Mustang
*2004 Cadillac CTS-V
*2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
*2004 Chevy Cavalier tuner style
*2004 Saturn Ion Red Line

Okay, how many people here think the 2004/2005 GTO is a domestic? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead :screwy: :disappoin

Unless you live in Oz, and I ain't Holden back :evillol:

subyfanatic
08-28-2003, 08:49 AM
I'd like some Saturn and MY2000+ Cadillac kits, especially the CTS and Escalade. As for the GTO it's hard [for me] to decide whether it's domestic or foreign. It depends on what you use as the deciding factor whether it's the build location, components origin, or brand name. If a German car company builds cars in the USA that have more than 50% Japanese component parts then what is it? Can a Subaru Legacy be considered domestic because the factory is in Indiana? I usually just like cars and don't bother with deciding if they're domestic built with foreign names or vice versa. Just my :2cents:

Bigg "E"

Add your comment to this topic!