Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

If you have a '94-'97 Integra with Octane style front bumper, please HELP ME!!!

CrazyModGSR
08-22-2003, 02:09 AM
I have a '94 Integra and I am looking at buying the Octane style front bumper. Well looking at lots of pics online, I have found that there are two different types of the octane front bumper. One has the inner headlights slanted giving it a very agressive look, the other has the regular round headlights giving it a more passive look. Anyway, does ANYONE have a 1994-1997 Integra with the octane kit with the inner headlight slant? If so, where did you purchase it from?
Thanks VERY much
Tim

knorwj
08-22-2003, 09:03 AM
i don't think that the problem is the kit. i think that is one of the minor differences between 94-97 tegs and the newer ones. i believe the newer ones had the inner headlight slant and the 94-97 didn't so the reason you can't find one with a slant for you 94-97 is because the slant is only on the 98 an up tegs. at least i think.( i read all this recently on this forum so you may be able to find it)

CrazyModGSR
08-22-2003, 10:48 AM
I too know that the 94-97 has the rounder headlights and 98-01 they are more slanted, but have you ever seen the extreme style kit on a 94-97 Integra? The extreme kit definitely has the inner headlight slant, even for 94-97, so I figure if this is available with the extreme kit, then why not the octane kit? It's kind of confusing to explain in words, and without a picture (I have em, but don't know how to post em - ugh).
Anyway thanks for your help.

knorwj
08-22-2003, 12:01 PM
here try this.

http://www.trixracing.com/Exterior/bodykits/bodykitlist.aspx?StyleID=79

CrazyModGSR
08-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Yeh, that's the pic that I've been looking at (VIS Racing has the same picture). But the problem is, that the car in the picture could be a 98-01. I know that they use the same picture for 94-97 and 98-01, so I tend to wonder if it is the ACTUAL kit they sell. For all I know the 94-97 version may not have the slant. I just need to find someone that actually has a 94-97 teg with that kit WITH the inner headlight slant so I know that it is available for my year.

knorwj
08-22-2003, 01:20 PM
i gotcha. goodluck man.

knorwj
08-22-2003, 01:24 PM
ok i just thought of this if you can't find anyone or it turns out that they don't make the slant one for your year, maybe you could pick up the newer headlamps and swap em for yours then you could get the 98-up kit? i'm sure that the newer headlights would most likely bolt right up to your car they just won't fit in your stock bumper, but you would be eliminating that problem by getting the newer body kit.. Just an idea but you better ask around if they would fit

CrazyModGSR
08-23-2003, 12:04 AM
That's what I was thinking. Worse case scenario; if I can't get the slanted headlight design for my year then I could get 98-01 headlights and 98-01 bumper and I'd be set. I wasn't sure if the fitment of the bumper and headlights would be EXACTLY the same though. The thing that sucks too is I just bought a pair of brand new TYC brand 94-97 headlights cuz the guy I bought the car from oversprayed onto the headlights when he was painting the car. Now I'd have to sell these and get the 98-01, but whatever. Thanks for you help. Tell me what you think about the fitment of the 98-01 headlights and bumper idea.

knorwj
08-23-2003, 02:45 PM
have you tried the honda/acura -exterior/bodykits/lighting subforum? they may know better than we do in here.

Add your comment to this topic!