HELP: What should I look for when buying an FC?

-=Rotary|Dorifto=-
08-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Hey wassup,

I'm planning to buy a 2nd generation rx-7, the FC3S turbo II, and I realize these are old cars and would like to know what people suggest I should look out for in a 88-91 turbo II.

THANKS!

DoriftoSX
08-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Hey wassup,

I'm planning to buy a 2nd generation rx-7, the FC3S turbo II, and I realize these are old cars and would like to know what people suggest I should look out for in a 88-91 turbo II.

THANKS!

just make sure its in good condition(oil changes and everything were on time) and the engine isn't melted

can we say name theft? :loser: lol jk

also resize your sig

rotary911porsche
08-22-2003, 04:25 PM
The engines in the '89 and newer cars are somewhat better than the '88 and earlier turbos. Compression ratios are lower and the engine can take more boost. The rotors are a little lighter. The oil injection system is more accurate. Anything over 80,000 miles will be looking at a rebuild soon. The easier (and cheaper) way is to pick up a Jspec motor and do a swap. It's not that hard to pull an engine. Factor this into your offer. I have a friend with a street driven '88 that is posting low tens in the quarter. To be fair, he is a rotary mechanic and knows a little more about the engines than the rest of us. And yes he is using nitrous.

Add your comment to this topic!