Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Novus Polish

xothermic
08-21-2003, 02:07 PM
I went to the local Hobbytown USA to get some Tamiya compound and wax. They didn't have the Tamiya Compuond and the wax was like $11! I thought, well, I have 10 different kinds of wax for my car (I am kinda a detail freak) so i wasn't about to buy a small bottle of wax when that would pay for Zaino or Klasse. They did however have a 2 part kit with a couple "polishing cloths" from a company called Novus for only $7.

Has anyone used this? The kit came with 1&2.

Here is the link to their site:
Novus Polish (http://www.novuspolish.com/)

Thanks,
Eric

DSM-Mark
08-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Yes, this has been discussed a few times. Novus 1 is a cleaner/wax, but really more of just a cleaner. Novus 2 is apparently very similar to Tamiya compound. I have Novus 2, but no compound (it's on the way!) so I can't give a really good comparison, but this is what I've heard. Tamiya wax is 800 yen Japan MSRP, so $11 isn't really that bad of a deal. One bottle is supposed to last a LONG time. I have a bottle of this stuff on the way too.

freakmech
08-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Novus is what i use. It is awesome for Acrylic. but you need to use other wax after Novus. its pretty much just a Rubbing Compound(#2) and a cleaner/protector(#1) but work great and last a long time.

DSM-Mark
08-21-2003, 02:48 PM
So far I've also used my Novus 2 to fix a scratched CD and to polish the headlights on my reallife car :bigthumb: :bigthumb: Great stuff, and when you get down to it, relatively cheap. (I paid $13 CDN for 8 fl oz. but it should last me basically forever).

Add your comment to this topic!